Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can makeup help to hide the roundness of my face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can makeup help to hide the roundness of my face?

If you use makeup right, can it actually help your face to look more angular and stuff? I get that not everyone likes makeup or feels they need to wear it and I respect that. However, I'm the type of person who really likes to wear it and I find I like wearing it more now that I'm older. That said, I don't want to look like a paint-by-numbers clown either. Anyone have any tips on how they achieve a thinner looking face without looking too fake?

Not really. It can in pictures. And you can try to give your cheek bones more definition and any joweliness a little more subtlety but when it all comes down to it, your face shape is your face shape. A lot of people try to do all the highlighting and contouring for that, but when I see them, they just look dirty. Too much toying with what is supposed to be a natural face color comes off looking like you need to wash your face in real life. That Insta-face and YouTuber face is fine on screen but IRL it looks bad. Just try to do your makeup as you always would but don't make your face one solid color. If you've used some kind of foundation, follow up with at least a bit of bronzer or blush. If your face is all one color it will look rounder. That's it. Other than that, IRL, you cant change much except your attitude about the way you look - love yourself!

Comment

I'm hoping that so many people have stopped wearing makeup from being home during the pandemic that it will fade out for a little while. I'm not saying nobody should wear makeup but it's been so over the top. I hope the trendy look softens down from all the seventeen eyeshadow colors and perfect cat eye liner and fake lashes and concealers, liquid foundation, powder foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, contouring, etc etc etc. People don't even look good anymore. They look like, as you said, Firefly77, paint by numbers! I thought it looked fun and cute at first but then instead of changing it just got more and more and more. These days, even with masks on, it's nice to see the look of a real face! Wouldn't it be cool if the first trend as things are opening up again would be to wear very little or even no makeup? I know that's crazy to say because it would never happen, but wouldn't it be cool if it did?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I'm hoping that so many people have stopped wearing makeup from being home during the pandemic that it will fade out for a little while. I'm not saying nobody should wear makeup but it's been so over the top. I hope the trendy look softens down from all the seventeen eyeshadow colors and perfect cat eye liner and fake lashes and concealers, liquid foundation, powder foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, contouring, etc etc etc. People don't even look good anymore. They look like, as you said, Firefly77, paint by numbers! I thought it looked fun and cute at first but then instead of changing it just got more and more and more. These days, even with masks on, it's nice to see the look of a real face! Wouldn't it be cool if the first trend as things are opening up again would be to wear very little or even no makeup? I know that's crazy to say because it would never happen, but wouldn't it be cool if it did?
        Yes, it would be cool. Personally, I think teens and women wear too much gunk on their face. I mean if you're wearing it for you because it makes you happy, more power to you, but if you're wearing it for someone else, it ain't worth it. Let your skin breathe. Also Firefly77, chances are the roundness you're seeing in your face that you don't seem to like, isn't something that other people see. We tend to obsess over our flaws and think that others care about them like we do. The reality is that they don't. Other people are either too busy obsessing over their own flaws to notice yours or they really just don't care. Embrace your roundness. You don't need the neanderthal Kardashian makeup look to be beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Yes, it would be cool. Personally, I think teens and women wear too much gunk on their face. I mean if you're wearing it for you because it makes you happy, more power to you, but if you're wearing it for someone else, it ain't worth it. Let your skin breathe. Also Firefly77, chances are the roundness you're seeing in your face that you don't seem to like, isn't something that other people see. We tend to obsess over our flaws and think that others care about them like we do. The reality is that they don't. Other people are either too busy obsessing over their own flaws to notice yours or they really just don't care. Embrace your roundness. You don't need the neanderthal Kardashian makeup look to be beautiful.
          I agree. The reality sure isn't what I wish it would be. It will be interesting to find out what the first fashions will be as things start to be public again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I agree. The reality sure isn't what I wish it would be. It will be interesting to find out what the first fashions will be as things start to be public again.
            Hands down the first fashion will be whatever makes people the most money. Considering how massive the makeup industry is, people will probably end up painting masks on their face LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Hands down the first fashion will be whatever makes people the most money. Considering how massive the makeup industry is, people will probably end up painting masks on their face LOL.
              Which is funny since we're already wearing masks on our faces so it's not like it's all that necessary when we leave the house. You'd think that once we don't have to wear masks, we wouldn't want to voluntarily apply them to our skin

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                Not really. It can in pictures. And you can try to give your cheek bones more definition and any joweliness a little more subtlety but when it all comes down to it, your face shape is your face shape. A lot of people try to do all the highlighting and contouring for that, but when I see them, they just look dirty. Too much toying with what is supposed to be a natural face color comes off looking like you need to wash your face in real life. That Insta-face and YouTuber face is fine on screen but IRL it looks bad. Just try to do your makeup as you always would but don't make your face one solid color. If you've used some kind of foundation, follow up with at least a bit of bronzer or blush. If your face is all one color it will look rounder. That's it. Other than that, IRL, you cant change much except your attitude about the way you look - love yourself!
                Thank you brightstar! I appreciate the tips.

Comment

Working...
                X