Starting Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Fresh

I forgot to take a pic of myself on January 1, but I've done it today. I've recorded it just to know how I look, not to pick myself apart. I'm dressed in regular clothes and just looking at the camera. Every 3 months (so, 4 times per year) I'll do the same thing. That way, I'm not scrutinizing every half inch. It'll help me to keep track of how I look as I am. My weight will go up and down a pound or so nwo and again even once I reach my goal. But it's the progress I make over time that matters.

That's a great (and healthy way - mentally speaking) to take B&As for tracking weight loss and how you look overall. I might do the same. Thanks for sharing your idea MadMike.

Comment

I've got a similar attitude about weighing myself. I'm not a fan of pictures, so I just can't do the B&A thing, but I only weigh myself once a month. It gives me a better idea of what I have or have not lost or what I've gained or have not gained. Right now I'm just working on getting my life in order and making healthier choices instead of focusing on losing weight and seeing how this new way of living and choice-making impacts my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I've got a similar attitude about weighing myself. I'm not a fan of pictures, so I just can't do the B&A thing, but I only weigh myself once a month. It gives me a better idea of what I have or have not lost or what I've gained or have not gained. Right now I'm just working on getting my life in order and making healthier choices instead of focusing on losing weight and seeing how this new way of living and choice-making impacts my life.
        Good strategy. Perspective is everything.

Comment

That's really the point I guess. Make it long enough that you'll see a difference, not so short that you'll nitpick every little thing but not so long that it won't motivate you.

Comment

Working...
          X