Front? Back? Side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front? Back? Side?

I'm wondering. Is it better to take before and after photos that are head on, from behind, or are a side profile? Does one show you more accurate weight loss than another? Or would it be a good idea to take all three? I really do want to take the most accurate photos.

I would say taking the picture from the front would be best. It's usually how you look at yourself anyway. Well, at least it is for me.

Comment

Do all three. This will give you an idea of what you look like from all sides and you'll probably be able to see the differences better.

Comment

I agree with WolfMoon, do all sides!

Comment

Take it from all sides & then choose the 1 u like best & keep taking that 1. U should also take pics with only ur underwear on & ones with clothes on. It is good to see how u look in more than 1 way.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
            Take it from all sides & then choose the 1 u like best & keep taking that 1. U should also take pics with only ur underwear on & ones with clothes on. It is good to see how u look in more than 1 way.
            Hmm, if that’s the case then I really hope that you will be sending your pics in my direction But you are right that you should wear something revealing and take pictures from multiple angles so that you will be able to see progress not only from where you normally see it – face on in the mirror – but also what other people are seeing, and from new angles. It will be helpful if you have a timer on your camera or phone, otherwise you will need to have someone else take the picture for you (yes, I’m offering, BabyButtons).

I have read that many people find that the results are best if they always wear the same thing in the pictures because certain clothes look better than others. Also, it will help you to see how you look in relation to that same pair of shorts or tights or underwear, or whatever else you’re wearing. You will see how that specific thing looks on you, instead of feeling bad when you don’t look good in the picture when it’s actually because you’ve chosen something unflattering, or feeling like you’ve made progress because you’ve chosen to wear something that looks better on you.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
              Do all three. This will give you an idea of what you look like from all sides and you'll probably be able to see the differences better.
              I agree. As long as you have someone to take it for you. Try to keep the angle the same every time too. it makes a difference.

Comment

Front and side are probably your best unless you're focusing on your butt

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
                  Front and side are probably your best unless you're focusing on your butt

I agree. Taking a picture from behind really isn't going to do much for you in the long run...unless you are measuring your butt. In which case, more power t you!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                    Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                    Hmm, if that’s the case then I really hope that you will be sending your pics in my direction But you are right that you should wear something revealing and take pictures from multiple angles so that you will be able to see progress not only from where you normally see it – face on in the mirror – but also what other people are seeing, and from new angles. It will be helpful if you have a timer on your camera or phone, otherwise you will need to have someone else take the picture for you (yes, I’m offering, BabyButtons).

I have read that many people find that the results are best if they always wear the same thing in the pictures because certain clothes look better than others. Also, it will help you to see how you look in relation to that same pair of shorts or tights or underwear, or whatever else you’re wearing. You will see how that specific thing looks on you, instead of feeling bad when you don’t look good in the picture when it’s actually because you’ve chosen something unflattering, or feeling like you’ve made progress because you’ve chosen to wear something that looks better on you.

Hahahaha oh envirtodd I think u just made me turn shades of red I didnt know i could go lol! I admit I like ur flattery. Ur right about wearing the same clothes. It is important 2 look the same as much as u can in pictures because this is how u will best see the difference. & u can take my photos envirotodd if I can take urs

Comment

Thanks everyone. I 'll keep your advice in mind. I think I won't take any pics from the back...I don't need to see that LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X