weight loss etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight loss etiquette

Is it rude for me to brag a bit and give myself pats on the back in front of other people when I lose weight and when I look great in a picture because of it…even if the other people are complaining about how fat they look?

I don't think so, as long as you don't do it all the time. There is nothing wrong with feeling good and proud about yourself and letting others know that you think you look great. There is a difference between making a statement and going on and on about how awesome you are hahaha. That said, I'd totally brag. I say go for it.

Comment

It's only rude if you go on and on about yourself when there isn't any need to, or if you unnecessarily steal the spotlight from someone else or cut someone off and change the topic to talk about how great you think you look. Other than that, letting others know that you are proud of the weight you have lost and letting them know that you think you look good is a great idea. Why not let other people know you are feeling good about how you look and feel? This may actually motivate those who are trying to lose weight to work harder at achieving their own goals because clearly it has done wonders for your self-confidence and self-image. If other people are jealous of you or are complaining about how fat they look, that is their problem, not yours.

Comment

I agree with WolfMoon. There's a difference between being proud of yourself and excited about what you've accomplished and how's you've done it, and flat out bragging. Just make sure that when you talk about what you're doing, you're not doing it in a way that says "you should do this too" or something that points out flaws or makes judgment of other people. Keep everything positive.

Comment

Just be tactful like you would if you were talking about money you had earned. It's the same sort of idea

Comment

I say brag about it! toot your own horn! You worked hard and should feel proud of your results. If they don't like it, they should make their own effort instead of hating on you

Comment

I'm with 1000kilowatts on this. Go ahead and brag. If you feel and think you look great, let other people know. Too many of us are afraid to express when we like something about ourselves to other people. Don't be modest - be proud!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your great opinions . Honestly, I feel a lot better about talking about it with people in real life now that I've talked about it with all of you. You're all so great!

Comment

Working...
                X