Pictures help you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures help you

One of the best things my sister ever taught me was that if you diet, take a picture of yourself in the same clothing – preferably something like a bathing suit or something that shows all the “evils” – at the end of every two weeks or at the end of every month. You’ll be able to see the difference in yourself much more than reading a scale.

That's a good piece of advice. I admit that I'm not wild about the idea of taking a photo at the start of dieting, but I imagine it is highly motivational to see the difference. It's not easy to see the changes in the mirror, and I swear my scale does not provide me with accurate readings lol.

Comment

I think I'd only do that if I never showed anyone my picture of me in my swim trunks. I'm going to do it but you can bet that the folder saving the files will be password protected. nobody needs a dozen pictures of me in a bathroom mirror haha

Comment

I gotta say, KenTraver, that is really calling up some sick images that I didn't need right now. I'm going to have nightmares

Comment

I agree with you KenTraver, I think I'll password protect my files, as well...and then when the process is over, I'll have a photo burning party. I agree that taking photos is a good idea to measure your progress with your eyes, but I certainly wouldn't hang on to the old ones once I've reached my weight loss goals. I'm not just looking to lose weight, but to also forget about the size I was.

Comment

Pictures do help! So does keeping your fat pants and trying them on and watching them get bigger and bigger on you lol!

Comment

I told my wife she should take before and after photos so she could see how much weight she's lost during the process...ya, that didn't go over very well lol. She's not one for pictures anyway. That said, I think the before and after photo idea when you're dieting is a really good idea. My daughter actually did it when she had problems with acne and wanted to test to see the difference the acne product would make that she took. It was actually quite amazing. The product worked great, and when we looked back at her original photos, I was shocked to see how bad her skin was initially. We were all amazed at the difference it really made.

Comment

Troyburger, I can understand what your wife is going through now that I just took my first picture in this effort. I have now saved it in a folder with a password because that is the most humiliating photograph I've ever taken of myself. I think I'd rather have a genuine mugshot than this flab snapshot.

Comment

It's not really meant to be something that you share with other people (unless you want to share the first and last ones to show the difference your whole diet has made). It's just to be able to track your own progress. TroyBurger, I feel for you. I think your wife didn't get it.

Comment

I actually like the photo technique. It's embarrassing at first, but the slimmer you get, the more you can feel proud, not embarrassed. Because you don't look like that anymore!

Comment

Don't just rely on pictures. You can sense you progress in your spirit. Learn how to understand yourself from within.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                        Don't just rely on pictures. You can sense you progress in your spirit. Learn how to understand yourself from within.

U r so right enviroTodd. U got 2 look deeper than the image. U got 2 love urself an understand urself.

Comment

Working...
                        X