When to trust a mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to trust a mirror

I am starting to find that as I pay more attention to the way that my body looks, because of trying to lose weight, I look different in virtually every reflection. From my mirror at home to reflections in windows to mirrors in the bathroom at work and the ones in store fitting rooms, I look different every time. How do I know which one to trust?

Step up and down and left to right and see if the image wobbles. Don't trust those mirrors

Comment

I wouldn't trust mirrors that are used in fitting rooms. In my experience, stores tend to use mirrors that stretching you our a little so you look "skinnier" than you actually are. They are trying to sell clothing, after all. If you want a mirror you can trust, I would recommend investing in a good full length mirror for your home. If accuracy of the mirror is really important for you, talk to someone who has knowledge about mirrors and take whatever advice they give you.

Comment

I don't think you can really trust any mirror. The reason is that no matter what mirror you look into, what you are seeing isn't necessarily you it is your perception of your image. I'm not saying that all mirrors are created equal, seriously, some are made better than others. However, try not to rely to heavily on what you see in the mirror because it will never show you the best parts of yourself.

Comment

I agree with Wolfmoon, I don't think you really can trust any mirror. I would recommend you find a mirror that you like and trust what that tells you. If your appearance really matters to you, than having the most positive mental image of yourself is what is most important. Any mirror that can give your self-image a positive boost is the best mirror and the only one that you should trust.

Comment

Working...
          X