lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighting

I’m looking for some lighting advice when it comes to taking pictures that will show what I really look like. I’m finding that a lot of my selfies end up making me look like I have wrinkles, sags, or bulges that aren’t really there. This is especially true when it comes to making me look like I have double chins. My neck and chin aren’t exactly smooth, but I look like I’m swallowing marshmallows in pictures! Anyone know how to fix that?

I find that natural light is the best for photos. It might not be the most flattering for your skin, but it will provide the best representation of what you look like. Try not to worry about the wrinkles and other flaws you see in your skin when you take b&a pics for weight loss. Remember, the whole point of these pictures is to measure how much weight you've lost. They're not a glamour shot

Comment

I'm not much of a photographer, but I do know that anytime I've taken photos of myself or anyone else in very bright light, they've always come out bad and create all these odd shadows and things. Also, don't stand with the light behind you. I've also found that the best pictures I've ever taken are those that use flash. I wish you luck Bethie. Personally, I hate taking photos of myself.

Comment

Thanks speeddemon. You’re right. Putting the light behind just makes me kind of disappear. I look like a shadow ghost standing in the way of all that is good haha. My best luck, so far, has been to try to shine lights from above and below at the same time. That’s really not easy! It’s not practical either. I’ll have to keep trying. It’s not like I can go to a professional studio any time I want to take a selfie haha.

Comment

It's also a good idea to stay away from florescent lighting! I always look really bad in photos with that sort of light. That said, I do agree with Speeddemon about the flash. Flash is important.

Comment

That is VERY true, Freddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
              It's also a good idea to stay away from florescent lighting! I always look really bad in photos with that sort of light. That said, I do agree with Speeddemon about the flash. Flash is important.
              I always look like I'm an odd yellow-orange color under fluorescent lights. It's like I'm jaundiced or something!

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post

I always look like I'm an odd yellow-orange color under fluorescent lights. It's like I'm jaundiced or something!
                LOL I hate that!

Comment

Working...
                X