How to know if you're slim enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if you're slim enough

I don’t have a bad shape. I’m definitely not skinny. In fact, I don’t even look slim or fit. But my shape isn’t bad. Does that mean I’ve lost enough weight?

I find that the only way I can tell if I've lost the right amount of weight is to calculate my BMI. As long as I'm within my normal range for my age and height then I feel I've lost enough weight. I can't judge my weight loss based on a mirror either. I also wasn't born with the best looking body according to the magazines :P

Comment

I agree with Charlotte. The only way to know if you've lost enough is to consult a BMI calculator. You definitely don't have to be slim or fit to be healthy. Curves and a bit of extra flesh is a good thing in my opinion

Comment

If you're really not sure, you might also talk to a doctor or some other healthcare provider. THey can tell you where you should be if you want to be at your ideal. You really can't tell with a mirror

Comment

You've got to love yourself, but be realistic. Check your BMI not just weight.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            You've got to love yourself, but be realistic. Check your BMI not just weight.

It's exactly what KittyKatt has said. You need to love yourself and be practical about your goals. Your BMI will tell you when you've reached your healthy target. Currently I'm on the high side of normal for my BMI, and I'm not slim and I know that I'll never be slim like a skinny model, but I've learned to love the way I look. Instead of asking yourself am I slim enough, ask yourself am I healthy enough and am I happy with who I am? If you don't feel you are, you need to find out what else may be making you feel dissatisfied with yourself aside from your weight. I hope that you do see yourself as beautiful when you look in the mirror PamelaPoison, because you are

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

It's exactly what KittyKatt has said. You need to love yourself and be practical about your goals. Your BMI will tell you when you've reached your healthy target. Currently I'm on the high side of normal for my BMI, and I'm not slim and I know that I'll never be slim like a skinny model, but I've learned to love the way I look. Instead of asking yourself am I slim enough, ask yourself am I healthy enough and am I happy with who I am? If you don't feel you are, you need to find out what else may be making you feel dissatisfied with yourself aside from your weight. I hope that you do see yourself as beautiful when you look in the mirror PamelaPoison, because you are
              It remains important to consult with a medical professional, even if you determine your BMI because that figure isn't accurate for everyone. Even a BMI is very general and does not apply for people under the age of 18, over the age of 65, bodybuilders and athletes, or even people with certain health conditions. Depending on who you are, your medical background and your lifestyle, you could end up showing a BMI that is far higher or lower than it should be, simply because the nature of the calculation is meant for a healthy average adult and doesn't take a lot of factors into consideration.

Comment

Try not to focus on a number for being slim enough. Have health goals instead. It's a range, not one specific number

Comment

Originally posted by PennyThoughts View Post
                  Try not to focus on a number for being slim enough. Have health goals instead. It's a range, not one specific number
                  That's a good point

Comment

Working...
                  X