New Year's resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's resolution

Are you going to have a New Year's resolution for weight loss? I'm going to. I've decided to focus more on finding a diet that suits my actual lifestyle and focus on the long term instead of looking for fast results. When the weight comes off me this time, I want it to stay off. I don't care if it takes me all year to reach my goal. I'd rather lose 5 pounds a month and keep it off than lose 15 and gain it all back! What about you? What are your plans? Please answer the poll and share your thoughts!
    Yes, I have a New Year's resoultuon
    25.00%
    No, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions
    33.33%
    I'm undecided
    41.67%
    Other
    0.00%

I don't typically give myself a new year's resolution as I know that the majority of this type of thing is destined to fail, but I decided that this year is a good opportunity to set some good and achievable goals for myself. I wouldn't really say that my new year's resolution is the traditional kind, especially since i have more than one, but I have certainly taken the opportunity to look at what I would like to achieve throughout 2016 in my personal and professional lives, and I have mapped out a few sub-goals along the way to keep myself on track. I think that a positive attitude, goal setting and proper dedication will let me achieve a lot more this coming year than I did last year. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I'm with enviroTodd on this one. I don't have new year's resolutions either. I think they're a waste of time. Just a promise to yourself that you don't actually intend to keep. If you're really serious about making a change, you make it no matter what time of year it is.

Comment

I don't do them either. They never work.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I don't typically give myself a new year's resolution as I know that the majority of this type of thing is destined to fail, but I decided that this year is a good opportunity to set some good and achievable goals for myself. I wouldn't really say that my new year's resolution is the traditional kind, especially since i have more than one, but I have certainly taken the opportunity to look at what I would like to achieve throughout 2016 in my personal and professional lives, and I have mapped out a few sub-goals along the way to keep myself on track. I think that a positive attitude, goal setting and proper dedication will let me achieve a lot more this coming year than I did last year. I'm looking forward to it.

Good for you enviroTodd A positive attitude is exactly what you need to do what you want to do. I personally think that you will achieve your goals this year.You seem to be a highly dedicated person and an achiever. I hope you have a great New Year and I look forward to hearing about your progress in 2016

Comment

I actually agree with you enviroTodd. I know I'm just shocked as you are. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              I actually agree with you enviroTodd. I know I'm just shocked as you are. Haha
              @BabyButtons - thank you very much! That vote of confidence and that type of support is just the kind of reason that you are likely surrounded by people who are always achieving goals and moving toward their dreams. I hope you continue to radiate positive energy again this year and that you reap the benefits of it just as much as the rest of us.

@Speeddemon - sounds like you're off to an intelligent start by agreeing with me Good thing you have broken away from those bad habits from last year. Your negativity was holding you back :P

Comment

Hahaha! eT. Your hilarious.Don't worry, I may have dropped some bad habits but I have a whole new year to make plenty more! All kidding aside, have a good 2016, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                  Hahaha! eT. Your hilarious.Don't worry, I may have dropped some bad habits but I have a whole new year to make plenty more! All kidding aside, have a good 2016, man.
                  I hope you haven’t dropped too many bad habits, Speeddemon, after all, what’s life without a little bit of excitement in it, even if it’s not the best for us ha ha! I hope your year is going great so far. Have you tried any new healthy foods or new exercises yet this year? If the snow has already reached you I guess there’s a lot of chances to try out new things. Are you someone who likes to get out into the snow once it’s on the ground. I find that as much as it’s easy to think of it as a nuisance, it automatically makes walking more challenging so you have a whole new cardio workout built for you ha ha!

Comment

Bethie, don't worry. I could never drop too many bad habits. There'd be no point to living if it was all about following the rules and being a good little cookie-cutter. My year is going great so far. I've joined a gym and found that I'm actually really enjoying it. I head there three times out of the week and I've already lost a couple of pounds. I still haven't quite figured out the best diet for me, but at least I'm working on the fitness part haha. Yes, snow can be a challenge. I'm actually not a huge fan of winter, so I typically tend to avoid doing outdoor activities in it, if only because I hate how long it takes me to get dressed before I get out there haha. How about you? How is your 2016 going?

Comment

Working...
                    X