my camera changes how fat I look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my camera changes how fat I look

Whenever I think I'm looking good I take a picture to add to my record of how well I'm doing. Then I look at the picture and it looks like i have lots of chins and fat in my gut that I know isn't even really there! What's going on? Why does my camera hate me?

That's weird. Could it be your lighting? Is it shadows? Make sure most light is in front of you not behind you

Comment

PamelaPoison is right. It could be lighting or shadows. It may also be how your positioned. Are you standing? Always stand in B&A weight loss photos. Also, make sure you stand tall and pull your shoulders back. If you're slumped, this could make you look like you're carrying extra weight when you're not. The camera does like to bring out the parts of us we don't particularly like.

Comment

Argh! My camera does the same thing. Eliminating the shadows and improving the lighting will help, as will standing straight with your shoulders back, but you might still find that you still look off somehow compared to how you look in the mirror. I've discovered that my problem with analyzing myself in photos is that I'm used to analyzing myself in the mirror which is not the same reflection that a camera captures, so that might also be why you look not as you expect.

Comment

It's funny you should all bring up all these points. I've finally given up on photography as a way to monitor my weight loss. It was too all over the place and it was frustrating me. I just look in the mirror, weigh myself and try not to giv eup.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            It's funny you should all bring up all these points. I've finally given up on photography as a way to monitor my weight loss. It was too all over the place and it was frustrating me. I just look in the mirror, weigh myself and try not to giv eup.

I'm with you brightstar! I've given up on my camera too. I just hate myself in pictures. It does not have a motivating effect on me. I just let the fit of my clothes and the number on my scale tell me how well I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post

I'm with you brightstar! I've given up on my camera too. I just hate myself in pictures. It does not have a motivating effect on me. I just let the fit of my clothes and the number on my scale tell me how well I'm doing.
              That's just how I do it too. I let other things like measuring tapes and scales help me, not pictures. I always look bad in pictures

Comment

I think somtimes you'll take good pictures and sometimes you'll take ones you don't like. It's a hit and miss.

Comment

Working...
                X