My stomach always looks big!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stomach always looks big!

I don't know why but ever since I started taking B&A pics, I've noticed weight loss all over my body except my stomach. I'm sure I've lost weight there but it never looks like I've made any progress in this area in my photos! I'm so frustrated and tired of looking fat there. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my stomach look more trim in photos without doing one of those stupid unnatural model poses?

The odds are that you are indeed losing weight all over. The thing is that you are maintaining the same shape even though you are getting smaller throughout your body. Therefore, the ratio from your waist to your hips, for example, stayed about the same. Unless you have something else like a measuring tape then you won’t be able to tell that there is any difference.

You need to stand next to something that will show exactly how “wide” your middle is. If you can’t do that, then wear the same pair of pants you wore at the start of your weight loss to provide a visual comparison. As long as you’re just shrinking all over your whole body then you won’t look like you’re getting smaller in your before and after pics unless you give people something to compare you to. Pictures aren’t like real life. We need perspective.

Comment

Stand tall! Get your shoulders back and pretend your head is tied to the ceiling. Makes a HUGE difference with no unnatural poses. You also won't look slumped and you'll get rid of additional chins haha

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
        Stand tall! Get your shoulders back and pretend your head is tied to the ceiling. Makes a HUGE difference with no unnatural poses. You also won't look slumped and you'll get rid of additional chins haha
        That's realyl good advice. Put your shoulders back and stand as tall as you can. Don't suck in. It looks obvious. Instead, stand like your'e trying ot grow taller. It automatically sucks things in naturally.

Comment

I agree with what everyone said here. The only other thing I'd add is try to remember that your stomach my look bigger than it is to you because it's a part of you that you don't like and your fixating on it. I know it's hard, but try to improve your mental image of yourself and you might find that over-time your stomach isn't as big as you think!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            The odds are that you are indeed losing weight all over. The thing is that you are maintaining the same shape even though you are getting smaller throughout your body. Therefore, the ratio from your waist to your hips, for example, stayed about the same. Unless you have something else like a measuring tape then you won’t be able to tell that there is any difference.

You need to stand next to something that will show exactly how “wide” your middle is. If you can’t do that, then wear the same pair of pants you wore at the start of your weight loss to provide a visual comparison. As long as you’re just shrinking all over your whole body then you won’t look like you’re getting smaller in your before and after pics unless you give people something to compare you to. Pictures aren’t like real life. We need perspective.
            Oh my gosh that was so well said enviroTodd! Someone should quote you in a weight loss magazine! That's exactly it. Pictures are not like real life and they never live up to our expectations because we've got an entirely other unrealistic image of ourselves in our head (good or bad). We do need to make sure our pictures are comparable and YES we need perspective!!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Oh my gosh that was so well said enviroTodd! Someone should quote you in a weight loss magazine! That's exactly it. Pictures are not like real life and they never live up to our expectations because we've got an entirely other unrealistic image of ourselves in our head (good or bad). We do need to make sure our pictures are comparable and YES we need perspective!!
              You're really right BabyButtons. A little bit of perspective goes a long way. We need to be able to look at things in relation to each other or we'll just let our imaginations fill in what we see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post

Thanks 1000killowatts I'll give that a try!

Also, thanks for all your tips enviroTodd, especially the one about standing next to something that will show how wide my middle is. I'm gonna see if implementing these tips will make a difference

Comment

I agree about slouching vs bringing your shoulders back. Seriously, do it in the mirror and watch what it does to your middle. Instant tummy tuck! It also straightens out a lot of lumps and rolls.

Comment

Working...
                  X