What is with the chins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with the chins?

Every time I see myself in pictures and videos it’s like I’ve grown another chin. I look like I’m trying to swallow a watermelon and it’s just hanging there in my neck. I don’t think I look like that in real life. Is it possible that I have a lot of chins without knowing it?

LOL! I know what you mean. I hate my face in pictures because I have the same problem. I look like I'm all neck with a bunch of chins. I wasn't blessed with smooth and sharp angles haha. The best way to help get rid of the look is to keep your shoulders back, stick your neck out a little and title your head slightly down and have the picture taken from slightly above instead of head on. This will help to give your face more definition

Comment

Haha I'm just like you and JennyR brightstar! I also tend to have a lot of chins in pictures. No, you don't actually have a lot of chins, the camera is just very unforgiving to people like us. It accentuates all the shadows and it adds 10 pounds to everywhere! Since, as JennyR pointed out we weren't blessed with a lot of angles and definition when it comes to our neck and chin, it looks like we have these all-in-one watermelon necks in pictures. I even notice it on video too! You can use the tips that JennyR gave to help take a better photo, but for the most part you'll just have to learn to accept tha that's how many of your photos will come out. We weren't blessed with good "camera" jeans lol.

Comment

I wish I could do that head tilting thing but I have a pretty short neck so when I try that I look like I'm a dog who is being asked if she wants to go for a walk and is tilting her head from side to side.

Comment

are there makeup techniques that can be used to reflect light instead of making shadow on the neck/under the chin?

Comment

Working...
          X