I look fatter than before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I look fatter than before!

Has anyone had issues with their before and after photos where you after photo looks worse than you before photo?? How is it that I've managed to lose 5 pounds but I somehow look heavier to me in my photo with less weight than I do when I have more weight? Has this happened to anyone else?

It's just water weight. Don't panic. You have likely been losing weight so it is coming off in some areas more visibly than others. So if you have lost weight in your arms, legs, butt and/or face, but it hasn't come off your middle as much, you will actually temporarily look bigger because of the ratio from your other body parts to your middle. If you measure your waist, it's likely the same or smaller. That said if you are any bigger, it's likely water weight because of the foods you're eating or the shifting going on in your body as you lose weight and build muscle. This is short term and will suddenly come off. Drink lots of water to encourage the release of retained water.

Comment

Thanks enviroTodd! That's what it was. I feel a lot better that you said all that Thanks a bunch!

Comment

It could just have been the picture, too. A lot of us slouch or bring our heads back or do other things that just don't look flattering on film. Pictures can be mean.

Comment

Working...
        X