Up close or far away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up close or far away

I've got a question about before and after pictures that has been causing debate among me and one of my friends. Is it better to take pictures up close or far away? I think that it's more accurate if they are zoomed in and taken closer and she thinks it is better if they are taken from a distance. Any thoughts on this one guys?

I think in terms of tracking, as long as you're consistent about the distance you use from your camera and the way you use your zoom, then you should be able to compare, regardless of whether you're super close or quite far away. Just make sure you're not so far that you can't see detail!

Comment

I'd say close enough that you can see everything but not so close that parts of you are cut off. Also you need to have something in the background to compare yourself to. If you just have a white background or whatever, you can't see how big or small you are

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        I'd say close enough that you can see everything but not so close that parts of you are cut off. Also you need to have something in the background to compare yourself to. If you just have a white background or whatever, you can't see how big or small you are

Thanks Bean! This is really helpful

Comment

Working...
        X