Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try the No Diet Diet?

Just wondering if it’s any good or if it’s just got an awesome name

I haven't tried it, but you're right, that's a really cute name. I saw that it's being sold as a book, is that all it is?

Comment

I've never heard of this. That is an odd name for a diet lol. Do you, 2Strikes, know anything about it, or does anyone else? It sounds like it should be easy to follow, but names are often misleading.

Comment

This is a pretty good "diet", actually. It's about changing the way you think about food and isn't really a diet at all (hence the name no-diet). When you are on the no-diet diet, you can eat whatever you want. In fact, you're encouraged to expand your food options and try new things. Basically, it's about establishing a healthy mind-set when it comes to food and really listening to what your body wants and the reactions you have to certain foods. For instance, you may crave fast food, but think about how you feel after you eat it? If you don't feel good, focus on that and remember this the next time you decide to eat it. You may think twice about eating it again when you have a negative association towards it. Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can definitely say that I've forced myself to finish food that was on my plate even though I was full, either because I thought I wanted it, I didn't want to offend someone, or I don't like wasting food. You can stop overeating, by not eating anymore when your hunger is satisfied. Therefore, if you don't feel hungry anymore, STOP eating.

The point is to enjoy your life and the food you eat by creating positive associations with foods that are good for you, because when you are happy, you tend to make better choices for yourself. That said, if you want to lose weight on this diet, you need to apply common sense and make healthy food choices, watch your portion sizes, and exercise. If you want to learn more about it, you can find lots of info on it online.

Comment

Its not a bad diet, but u really need 2 have willpower & be prepared 2 control what u eat. If ur someone who needs strict rules 2 follow & u need someone 2 tell u what u should eat. This may not be the best diet 4 u.

Comment

I like the overall idea of this diet because it teaches you to pay attention to what you're doing. It's not a regimented diet that says you can't have any carbs or something like that. It gives you the chance to enjoy the stuff you like but you need to stop yourself from binging on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
              This is a pretty good "diet", actually. It's about changing the way you think about food and isn't really a diet at all (hence the name no-diet). When you are on the no-diet diet, you can eat whatever you want. In fact, you're encouraged to expand your food options and try new things. Basically, it's about establishing a healthy mind-set when it comes to food and really listening to what your body wants and the reactions you have to certain foods. For instance, you may crave fast food, but think about how you feel after you eat it? If you don't feel good, focus on that and remember this the next time you decide to eat it. You may think twice about eating it again when you have a negative association towards it. Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can definitely say that I've forced myself to finish food that was on my plate even though I was full, either because I thought I wanted it, I didn't want to offend someone, or I don't like wasting food. You can stop overeating, by not eating anymore when your hunger is satisfied. Therefore, if you don't feel hungry anymore, STOP eating.

The point is to enjoy your life and the food you eat by creating positive associations with foods that are good for you, because when you are happy, you tend to make better choices for yourself. That said, if you want to lose weight on this diet, you need to apply common sense and make healthy food choices, watch your portion sizes, and exercise. If you want to learn more about it, you can find lots of info on it online.
              Thanks for explaining this out. I find a lot of descriptions for these diets to be a bit baffling because they're usually so busy telling you why they're amazing. This makes it a lot clearer. They should hire you haha

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                Its not a bad diet, but u really need 2 have willpower & be prepared 2 control what u eat. If ur someone who needs strict rules 2 follow & u need someone 2 tell u what u should eat. This may not be the best diet 4 u.
                These are the attitudes that a person should technically be developing when facing any diet at all. It's not that they should want tremendous restrictions, but they should be willing to adopt considerable changes so that they don't continue the behaviors that caused them to gain weight in the first place. The rules should be there as a framework at the start, so that you know where to concentrate your energies. Then, once the lifestyle is understood, the energies can be focused on maintaining these good habits and proper health.

Comment

Thanks for explaining that Janet. This sounds like something I might want to try

Comment

LOL! You're welcome PennyThoughts and suzieQ.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                      Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                      These are the attitudes that a person should technically be developing when facing any diet at all. It's not that they should want tremendous restrictions, but they should be willing to adopt considerable changes so that they don't continue the behaviors that caused them to gain weight in the first place. The rules should be there as a framework at the start, so that you know where to concentrate your energies. Then, once the lifestyle is understood, the energies can be focused on maintaining these good habits and proper health.
                      Ur right enviroTodd, but this doesnt surprise me because u are smart when it comes to knowing body energies. Have u tried this diet?

Comment

Working...
                      X