Are you a Flexitarian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a Flexitarian?

I came across this diet that's called The Flexitarian Diet. Has anyone tried it? From what I understand it helps to turn you into a veggie eater by reducing, but not entirely removing meat from your diet. Does it work?

It's a very gradual and personally paced diet, as far as I have understood. It does allow you to have some meat, favoring things like lean proteins - chicken and turkey breast - as well as fish and eggs. It's a good way to make sure that you can include meat in your diet without holding back your health. I think it's more focused on health than actual weight loss but if you do it right and you start off overweight, weight loss should happen naturally.

Comment

That's really interesting. I Think that more of us should start to consider "healthy" diets that lead to weight loss, instead of just weight loss diets!

Comment

I've never heard of this diet before. I think I might look into it. My friend has always raved about the benefits of being a vegetarian, but I could never do it because the idea of totally giving up meat never really appealed to me that much. Didn't know you could sort of have your cake and eat it too

Comment

If flexitarian includes bacon - count me in!

Comment

I actually started with this diet before I became a full out vegetarian. It really made the transition easier. Once you figure out how to obtain the protein you need from plant-based foods, you slowly stop depending on meat. I definitely ingest way fewer calories since I stopped eating meat.

Comment

Working...
            X