Would you ever try a cleanse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you ever try a cleanse?

I've heard a lot about cleanses. Personally, I think the whole idea of a cleanse being beneficial to your body, let alone weight loss, is completely bogus. The weight you do lose does come back and in order to lose the weight you have to put your body through the ringer.I think cleanses do far more harm than good. What do you think?
    Yes! I really want to try this!
    23.53%
    I've tried it and I want to do it again!
    17.65%
    Nope, not interested.
    47.06%
    Been there, done that, never again!
    11.76%

All cleanses are not the same. I do not agree with the ones that are based on starving yourself and "flushing out toxins" using various types of diuretic teas like dandelion tea. They do not help you to rid your body of toxins. They just rid your body of fluids so that you risk dehydration.

The type of cleanse that I like involves making proper choices to boost your body's own ability to naturally free itself from unwanted substances. It has natural processes that are always running for that function. That's why there are so many parts to the digestive system, such as the liver. So if I want to truly cleanse, then I just clean up my act when it comes to eating. I drink lots of water at room temperature, I eat a highly nutritious diet based primarily on vegetables, and I make sure that I eat lots of healthy fiber so that my body will have what it needs to rid itself of any buildup or waste products.

If you eat in a healthy way like that, then your body will naturally cleanse itself through the positive energy flow that you encourage. You don't need to shock it will products that you purchase and starvation diets.

Comment

I've tried a cleanse and I do think that it is good for a person like me who doesn't eat very well most of the time and should likely do stuff to get rid of all of the evils that have built up. But at the same time, I spent a whole weekend in the bathroom and had a bad headache the whole time. I never get headaches! It's not for everyone.

Comment

I really don't think that cleanses are good for you. I think that they risk dehydrating you and sending far too many nutrients out of your body. I fyou have a buildup of toxins then you're constipated, not in need of a cleanse.

Comment

I think they're a good way to get toxins out of your body

Comment

I’d never try one of these. Not only do I think that they’re really bad for the body, but I’d be WAYYY to hungry. I already have a hard enough time feeling fun when I eat. I can’t imagine only ingesting a liquid-based diet. It’s not worth the weight you’d lose. Plus you’d only gain it all back, anyway!

Comment

I've always thought about trying a cleanse. I have heard that some of them can be very scary, but there is something about the idea of detoxing your body that sounds appealing. Can anyone recommend a good cleanse?

Comment

I wouldn't put my body through that.

Comment

Yes, I tried one cleanse and I liked the effect. I would do one again, it's just not something you want to do all of the time.

Comment

I don't think I'd ever try it. It sounds way to scary.

Comment

I've always been interested in trying a cleanse. I know some people love them and swear by them, but others think they are really bad for you. I'm assuming some are better for you than others. Can anyone recommend a healthy cleanse?

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                        All cleanses are not the same. I do not agree with the ones that are based on starving yourself and "flushing out toxins" using various types of diuretic teas like dandelion tea. They do not help you to rid your body of toxins. They just rid your body of fluids so that you risk dehydration.

The type of cleanse that I like involves making proper choices to boost your body's own ability to naturally free itself from unwanted substances. It has natural processes that are always running for that function. That's why there are so many parts to the digestive system, such as the liver. So if I want to truly cleanse, then I just clean up my act when it comes to eating. I drink lots of water at room temperature, I eat a highly nutritious diet based primarily on vegetables, and I make sure that I eat lots of healthy fiber so that my body will have what it needs to rid itself of any buildup or waste products.

If you eat in a healthy way like that, then your body will naturally cleanse itself through the positive energy flow that you encourage. You don't need to shock it will products that you purchase and starvation diets.
                        I agree with u envirotodd. I have tried a really good cleanse & I made the mistake of trying a really bad one. The wrong cleanse can make u really sick & I did gain back all the weight I lost. But if u do cleanse ur system by eating good and healthy foods with no chemicals & no other aditives & eat plenty of fruits & vegetable & drink lots of water, ur body will naturally cleanse itself of all the toxins & impurities.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that you gained back the weight that you lost, BabyButtons. It's very frustrating when that kind of thing happens. I completely agree with your perspective about cleansing your system naturally by eating healthy foods and eliminating additives, chemicals, preservatives and things like that. In that case, you're right, you're just essentially cleansing every single day.

I have to say though, if your picture is a recent one then you look great anyway. If you lost and gained the weight back you don't have a lot to worry about

Comment

I clicked that I want to try a cleanse, but to be honest, I’m kinda on the fence about it, which is also why I didn’t say I wouldn’t ever try one. I do think that it sounds like it could be good for your body, but I’ve heard so many scary things about it. Aren’t cleanses sort of like fasting and starving your body? Once you’re done them, won’t you just gain back all the weight? No matter how good the cleanse may be?

Comment

I've tried a cleanse and I have to say that while I regret few things in my life, doing that was one of them. I highly do not recommend it to anyone. It's not good for your body or your health. Your body naturally cleanses itself. If you want to not junk up your body, don't eat junk food - it's that simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X