No announcement yet.

What is the best low carb diet program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best low carb diet program?

Can anyone recommend a diet program that is low in carbohydrates, but isn’t ridiculous to follow?

That's a question of great debate M-Stark334. Not everyone will share the same opinion, but I'd say the best ones are those that are vegetarian based. Essentially, diets that limit your intake of refined sugars but encourages you to eat fruits, vegetables, seeds, whole grains, etc. You do need to have carbs in your diet. They are your body's source of energy and fuel. You just don't need to gorge on breads, pastas, cereals, sweet treats, potatoes, etc. That said, I would highly recommend avoiding pre-designed and fad low-carb diets, such as Atkins, South Beach Diet, the Zone Diet, and other popular low-carb diet plans. Most of the low-carb diets out there are hard to follow for the long-term and really aren't as beneficial for you health or for achieving weight loss as they claim to be.

Comment

Honestly, I think the best low carb diet is one you create yourself. Talk to your doctor and find out how many carbohydrates you need per day to maintain good health (this will be determined based on your gender, age, and other factors). Make sure you obtain this amount, but don't go beyond it. Remember, if you want to lose weight, you need to burn off more calories than you consume, otherwise you'll get no where. It's easy to cut out the additional carbs by not over-eating and eliminating junk food from your diet.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, but I was kinda hoping that someone had a program they could recommend. I’m not great at creating my own diets and sticking to them.

Comment

In my opinion, the best one for low carbs is either the Atkins diet or the eco atkins diet. I know that isn't all that original, but when you read what they're all about, they make a lot of sense. I don't think I coudl follow them, because I love carbs too much but they really are good solid programs.

Comment

The Zone diet helps you to balance the number of carbs you're eating and it lets you buy your foods so you don't have to measure.

Comment

Thank you Whirlybird and Bethie. I'll look into the eco atkins diet and the zone diet and see if either appeal. I appreciate the recommendations

Comment

Working...
              X