Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are diets counting calories still the best ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are diets counting calories still the best ones?

is it still all about calories or is it really about carbs, too?

I think it depends on the person. It's doing whatever diet that works for you that results in practical and safe weight loss that you can continue doing so that you can maintain your weight loss. For some that's counting calories for others its watching their carbs, for others it's something completely different. Personally, I think that tracking your calories and paying attention to the foods your eating and how much of these foods your eating (carbs, fiber, protein) is what tends to be the most successful.

Comment

I think its about eating a balanced diet and tracking your calories. Watching your carbs can help you watch your calories and help with weight loss for sure, but if you limit them too much it might be too hard to stick to. I personally find it works best when I track my calories but I don't restrict my diet to the point that it'll make me miserable. It's just not a practical way for anyone to live.

Comment

ok so when it all comes down to it, it is calories. So if you're only willing to pay attention to one thing, calories are it. Still, since not all calories are created equal, if you're also willing to track your macronutrient balance (easier than you think because there are so many apps that will do it for you) then you can get even more out of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          ok so when it all comes down to it, it is calories. So if you're only willing to pay attention to one thing, calories are it. Still, since not all calories are created equal, if you're also willing to track your macronutrient balance (easier than you think because there are so many apps that will do it for you) then you can get even more out of your choices.
          Interesting. I didn't know about tracking macronutrient balance. I had no idea that was even a thing or that there were apps for that...but then again, what aren't there apps for these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post

Interesting. I didn't know about tracking macronutrient balance. I had no idea that was even a thing or that there were apps for that...but then again, what aren't there apps for these days?
            Tracking macronutrient balance is the type of stuff people do for low carb like atkins or for keto and things like that. It just means that you're trying to make your carbs low and proteins high or your carbs low and fat high, or your fat low and protein and carbs high. It just depends on the diet you choose. You probably knew about it, just didn't know what it was called

Comment

I wish the answer was more straightforward. Thanks. I still feel confused but at least I think I knwo what I want to Google now.

Comment

Working...
              X