Optavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optavia

Are diets like Optaiva - those that provide most of your meals for you - actually good? I know that they can be expensive and I get that it would be convenient not to have to think about what you're going to eat for the most part, but are the pre-made foods that you eat from them really healthy? I get they're low in calories, but just because something is lower in calories doesn't make it "good" for you. Thoughts?

If you have a handful of pounds to lose and you haven't been struggling with substantial weight gain, sure. They're convenient. If you want to lose weight and keep it off over time because the pounds have been climbing steadily due to the way you typically eat, you're paying a lot of money for weight loss that will eventually return. ALso, you're likely going to be hungry. Those meals are notoriously small, not to mention how processed they often are, meaning you're not getting the nutritious whole foods you could enjoy if you just made a few big batches of healthy meals and froze the portions. 2-3 hours of cooking on one day could have you set for meals for weeks if you plan it properly.

Comment

I don't believe in diets that make your food for you unless you plan to stay on them for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
        I don't believe in diets that make your food for you unless you plan to stay on them for the rest of your life.
        HAHAHA! That's the best answer. Honestly, any diet that makes your food is you taking the "easy way out". Since in life there aren't really any "easy ways out" without consequence, I would recommend you save yourself the regret you'll likely have later and find a diet that is better for the long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

HAHAHA! That's the best answer. Honestly, any diet that makes your food is you taking the "easy way out". Since in life there aren't really any "easy ways out" without consequence, I would recommend you save yourself the regret you'll likely have later and find a diet that is better for the long-term.
          Thanks! Ya, that's just it. I mean, if you have like 5 pounds to lose, by all means, use these meal plans. But anything more than that and you're setting up for problems in the future so you may as well just skip the middle yo-yo, right?

Comment

Working...
          X