WEight loss vs weight control diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEight loss vs weight control diet

Are both of these terms the same? I'm seeing both used but I'm not sure if they're referring to the same thing.

I think some people use them interchangeable, along with the term "weight management". I think for others the difference is "weight loss" diet is for losing weight and a "weight control" diet is one that is for someone who wants to maintain the weight they have. it all depends on how you interpret the language. Personally, I think terms like "weight control" and "weight management" are more positive sounding than "weight loss". It sounds like you're trying to take control over achieving and/or maintaining the weight you want versus constantly being in a sate of needing to "lose" weight.

Comment

I always thought those terms mean the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
        I think some people use them interchangeable, along with the term "weight management". I think for others the difference is "weight loss" diet is for losing weight and a "weight control" diet is one that is for someone who wants to maintain the weight they have. it all depends on how you interpret the language. Personally, I think terms like "weight control" and "weight management" are more positive sounding than "weight loss". It sounds like you're trying to take control over achieving and/or maintaining the weight you want versus constantly being in a sate of needing to "lose" weight.
        I think weight loss means you want to lose weight. Weight control and weight management are the same thing. They mean that you are doing things with a certain weight goal in mind, whatever that might be. Maybe it's losing, maybe it's gaining, maybe it's keeping things as they are.

Comment

I just wish people would use plain language and stick to it. I'm not a fan of terms that are left open to interpretation. It just creates confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            I just wish people would use plain language and stick to it. I'm not a fan of terms that are left open to interpretation. It just creates confusion.
            I agree. Thanks for the insight, everyone. I'll need to be careful how I interpret claims, so I know what they're suggesting.

Comment

Working...
            X