Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What diet program is the most effect for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
    Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
    cut out the fat and you will cut the pounds.
    That is actually an old way of thinking. It feels like it makes sense because you'd think that fat produces fat. Especially since we're always hearing about how bad fats are and how many calories they contain. However, there is a difference between good fats and bad fats. For example, Omega 3 fatty acids are very good for you and they are high in calories, but they have also been proven to actually help a person to LOSE weight. They just need to be consumed in moderation. Also, fats are necessary because they help to absorb fat soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, E, and K. The first two of those are important antioxidants. If you cut down on the fats, you may not be enjoying the positive energy flow from the nutrition available from the foods you consume because you won't have a proper vehicle from which to take them into yourself.

You make a very good point enviroTodd. I was actually referring to the bad fats that do more harm to your body than good - the kind of fats we don’t need that not only lead to excessive weight but those that put us at a higher risk of heart disease, heart attack, etc. I should have been more specific with my response

Comment

Working...
    X