high protein source without meat for effective dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high protein source without meat for effective dieting

When lentils and breads/grains are combined, they become a complete protein. This makes for a much lower bad fat and lower calorie source of complete protein. For any diet that requires you to eat a larger amount of protein in order to stave off hunger, a good idea is to eat lentils and a whole grain bread at the same meal. That will give you everything you need without having to resort to high cal and high fat meat. You’ll also get more fiber out of the mix, which is also great for health. I think that this tip is very useful for this type of diet.

That's good to know. It's a healthy way to get proteins and a good way to keep those calories down if you want to eat a larger amount of food. Thanks for sharing envirotodd.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for that enviroTodd. I'll be sure to pass that on to my vegetarian friends who often have a hard time getting a complete protein.

Comment

This is great news enviroTodd, especially since there are so many great reciepes you can make with lentil. There are tons of lentil soup recipes, for example

Comment

U r a wizard envirotodd! How do u know so much stuff?? I really like eating lentils with naan...mmmm. I know what im having tonight.

Comment

Pretty interesting eT. What else do you got cooking around in that brain of yours? Are there any particular kinds of breads or lentils you recommend to make sure that what you are eating is the healthies? By the way, are you a vegetarian or do you just try to eat as little meat as possible?

JennyR - I have to admit I'm a fan of lentil soup. Got any great recipes you can share?

Comment

Is that better for you than eating quinoa? I was under the impression that it was a grain with a complete protein. Does anyone know which one is healthier?

Comment

I think that it's good to try to get variety in your diet so you can do the lentils/bread combo and the quinoa option on different days. This way you'll get a range of nutrition

Comment

Working...
                X