Biggest Loser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Loser

Are any of those biggest loser diet plans effective? I know it's probably just a fad, but since it's actually based on reality tv that is about people losing weight I was hoping that maybe it had some potential. Thoughts?

I wouldn't base anything that I do on anything they’ve said on the Biggest Loser. It may look as though it’s great that the people on the show have lost a lot of weight, but keep in mind that it’s “reality television”, which means that it doesn’t have anything to do with reality.

They were not as concerned about the health of the participants as they were focused on making sure that they had a show full of sensationalism that would draw viewers. Remember that the more they had people collapsing and being brought to the hospital, the more it would seem interesting to viewers who just love that sort of thing for some reason. Don’t let that show guide you. If you want guidance, go to your doctor and then use a diet that is focused on healthful eating and activity, not one that could risk sending you to a hospital after you’ve collapsed.

Comment

Ya, I really wouldn't trust stuff under the Biggest Loser brand.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        I wouldn't base anything that I do on anything they’ve said on the Biggest Loser. It may look as though it’s great that the people on the show have lost a lot of weight, but keep in mind that it’s “reality television”, which means that it doesn’t have anything to do with reality.

They were not as concerned about the health of the participants as they were focused on making sure that they had a show full of sensationalism that would draw viewers. Remember that the more they had people collapsing and being brought to the hospital, the more it would seem interesting to viewers who just love that sort of thing for some reason. Don’t let that show guide you. If you want guidance, go to your doctor and then use a diet that is focused on healthful eating and activity, not one that could risk sending you to a hospital after you’ve collapsed.

LOL! I nearly busted a gut when I read your "it's 'reality television', which means that it doesn't have anything to do with reality" line. No truer words have ever been said. You should put that on a T-Shirt! Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh, enviroTodd. I really needed that today

Comment

Oh man! You nailed that one eT. I couldn't agree with you more. Essentially the Biggest Loser in this case is the person who follows a diet based off a reality TV show.

Comment

Haha! Okay, I'll take that as a "no".

Comment

Working...
            X