how to work bacon into a diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to work bacon into a diet

Have a question. I love bacon. I have tried to cut it out of my foods but I hate having to do it. Is there any dieting strategy that lets me keep eating it once or twice per week or am I dreaming?

LOL bacon in a weight loss diet sounds like a dream

Comment

You're not dreaming Whirlybird. It's all about moderation. Having one or two slices per week isn't going to kill your dieting goals. Bacon, as with anything is about limiting your portions of it and how frequently you eat it. Think of it is as a treat and you should be able to work it into your diet without giving it up.

Comment

Like Freddy said. Eat it in moderation. I certainly haven't given it up. It's my favorite food and I'm doing just fine.

Comment

Eating a slice or two once or twice per week isn't going to make or break your diet whirlybird. As Freddy said, think of eating bacon like eating a treat. If you're having bacon then don't have something else that day that's fattening/high in salt that you'd usually have. It really is all about moderation and substitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
            Like Freddy said. Eat it in moderation. I certainly haven't given it up. It's my favorite food and I'm doing just fine.
            That's really the best attitude. Go Bacon!

Comment

I also agree that eating it in moderation is best. That said, if you're going to eat bacon, remember to make this your treat and it replaces any other treat you were going to have that day.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
                I also agree that eating it in moderation is best. That said, if you're going to eat bacon, remember to make this your treat and it replaces any other treat you were going to have that day.
                I agree, and while you're at it, just because it's a treat, it doesn't mean you can have a huge amount of it. Go for the flavor but be reasonable about it

Comment

Working...
                X