Dieting and low blood sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieting and low blood sugar

I've got low blood sugar but I want to lose weight. How can I go about doing that in a healthy and effective way? Is there a certain diet plan or program I can follow that's not too extreme or complicated?

First you should speak with your doctor because you don't want to mess around with something like low blood sugar. Next, you'll probably be told to consume a low carb (but not no carb) and high protein diet. Protein will help you to keep your energy levels going and your blood sugar even. W hen you do eat carbs, try to limit your added sugar intake. Instead, go for natural sugars in things like fruit, and eat only the best kinds of grains - whole grains. Nothing refined and skip the starches as much as you can.

Comment

I agree. You should start by talking to your doctor because blood sugar is a dangerous thing when you mess with it without knowing what you're doing. But focus on dropping all added sugars from yoru foods and focusing on natural sugars and eat lots of good protein to keep your energy high without spiking and crashing your blood sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I agree. You should start by talking to your doctor because blood sugar is a dangerous thing when you mess with it without knowing what you're doing. But focus on dropping all added sugars from yoru foods and focusing on natural sugars and eat lots of good protein to keep your energy high without spiking and crashing your blood sugar.

I think Bethie pretty much answered your question Firefly77. 1 - talk to your doctor. 2 - cut refined/added sugar out of your diet. It's important you know what to eat and that you follow whatever diet is prescribed. Don't skip meals or little snacks and try to eat around the same time everyday.

Comment

Definitely talk to your doctor, Firefly. Blood sugar is serious. You really need specific instructions if you're going to change your diet and/or exercise. Nobody can do that but a medical expert

Comment

Thanks. I'll definitely be talking to my doctor, but it's nice to hear what other people think too. I find it helps me to ask the right questions.

Comment

Working...
            X