home stomach pump diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home stomach pump diet

Is it true that the fda actually approved a stomach pump you can use at home for dieting?

I hope not. That sounds disgusting and how could that stop you from regaining the weight? You don't have to be responsible for anything you eat.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that that they did approve it. It's weird because when I first read about it I thought it wasn't too bad of an idea, considering the promising results of the studies but yeah, as I got to thinking about it, it does seem like it will just give people the excuse to eat anything they want and I can admit that I'd be one of them.

Comment

I've heard about this stomach sucker...I don't see it helping anyone either. I swear the FDA is willing to approve just about anything for weight loss these days. Someone needs to tell these guys that just because something may cause weight loss that doesn't necessarily make it a good.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I've heard about this stomach sucker...I don't see it helping anyone either. I swear the FDA is willing to approve just about anything for weight loss these days. Someone needs to tell these guys that just because something may cause weight loss that doesn't necessarily make it a good.
          It does feel like that, doesn't it? I think the FDA has been under a lot of pressure to approve something. It had been a long time since they'd given their approval and the obesity rate went epidemic in the country. Now they are being pressured by doctors and medical organizations and people to do something about helping people lose weight. The thing is, unless it's safe and it works - especially long term - this is silly.

Comment

It is true and I just feel like this is inviting so many problems like eating disorders...

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

It does feel like that, doesn't it? I think the FDA has been under a lot of pressure to approve something. It had been a long time since they'd given their approval and the obesity rate went epidemic in the country. Now they are being pressured by doctors and medical organizations and people to do something about helping people lose weight. The thing is, unless it's safe and it works - especially long term - this is silly.

Silly is exactly right, Bethie...the worst part is that doctors will actually recommend it and people will actually buy into it. Sometimes I think we live in a sad and really messed up world!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Silly is exactly right, Bethie...the worst part is that doctors will actually recommend it and people will actually buy into it. Sometimes I think we live in a sad and really messed up world!
                It feels like that sometimes but then I try to think of people like Patch Adams and Malala and I remind myself that as much as there are a few people in the world who mess things up, it's also very easy to think of a large number of amazing people who are making a huge positive difference, too!

Comment

Working...
                X