Can you lose weight on the MIND diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you lose weight on the MIND diet?

I’ve been hearing a ton of good things about the MIND diet in terms of overall health. Is it good for weight loss and weight management too? That would be ideal.

I've never heard of the MIND diet? Does it just focus on mental health with weight loss or does it take a mind-over-matter approach?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
      I've never heard of the MIND diet? Does it just focus on mental health with weight loss or does it take a mind-over-matter approach?
      No, not at all. I can see why you might think that Wolfmoon, but MIND is actually an acronym for (Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay. This diet emphasizes 10 breain-healthy foods that are included in both the DASH diet and the Mediterranean diet. Such foods include leafy greens, nuts, berries, beans, vegetablesbes, berries, whole grains, fish, poultry, wine and olive oil, etc. Some believe that by choosing these good-for-your-brain foods that you could lower your chances of getting Alzheimer's disease.

To answer your question Bean I think that following this diet combined with exercise is a great way to lose weight. Both the diets on which it is based are considered to be practical and healthy lifestyle diets for weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post

No, not at all. I can see why you might think that Wolfmoon, but MIND is actually an acronym for (Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay. This diet emphasizes 10 breain-healthy foods that are included in both the DASH diet and the Mediterranean diet. Such foods include leafy greens, nuts, berries, beans, vegetablesbes, berries, whole grains, fish, poultry, wine and olive oil, etc. Some believe that by choosing these good-for-your-brain foods that you could lower your chances of getting Alzheimer's disease.

To answer your question Bean I think that following this diet combined with exercise is a great way to lose weight. Both the diets on which it is based are considered to be practical and healthy lifestyle diets for weight loss.
        That sounds really good. Why don't more people talk abut this? Is it new? I've heard of the DASH diet but not MIND. That just sounds like what people should be eating to be healthy and stop dementia. I've talked to my doctor more than once about what the best diet should be for long term health. WHy didn't this come up?

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post

That sounds really good. Why don't more people talk abut this? Is it new? I've heard of the DASH diet but not MIND. That just sounds like what people should be eating to be healthy and stop dementia. I've talked to my doctor more than once about what the best diet should be for long term health. WHy didn't this come up?

That's a really good question Brightstar! I've never heard of this diet before either and it sounds like it's really good and important! Why don't we hear more about these diets that I feel should be recommended? And why aren't doctors recommending them? This is something that should be in the news..not half the silly diets we hear about designed by celebrities!

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post

That's a really good question Brightstar! I've never heard of this diet before either and it sounds like it's really good and important! Why don't we hear more about these diets that I feel should be recommended? And why aren't doctors recommending them? This is something that should be in the news..not half the silly diets we hear about designed by celebrities!
            That's just it. Celebrities get attention. Scientific studies don't. It's partly our own fault because we're paying attention to the wrong sources!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

That's just it. Celebrities get attention. Scientific studies don't. It's partly our own fault because we're paying attention to the wrong sources!

You've got that right Bruce! Imagine how different the world would be if the vast majority of us paid attention to the things that ACTUALLY matter. How many fewer problems would we have and how much more of an advanced species would we be?

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post

You've got that right Bruce! Imagine how different the world would be if the vast majority of us paid attention to the things that ACTUALLY matter. How many fewer problems would we have and how much more of an advanced species would we be?
                I admit that I fall for this. Science stuff is boring and hard to understand, though!

Comment

Working...
                X