Jenny Craig - does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenny Craig - does it work?

I'm curious if Jenny Craig actually works for the long term. I think we've all seen the commercials featuring celebrities like Kirstie Alley and we saw her shrink down with Jenny but then saw her balloon up again. I know that not all diets work for everyone and that it takes long-term dedication to keep weight off, but is Jenny Craig really all its cracked up to be?

I think it's pretty much the same with all diets. It teaches you stuff and you can lose the weight but it's up to you if you keep following those lessons after you're done with the program. One thing I don't think is good about them is that you buy the food from them instead of learning to make it yourself. That system only works if you want to keep buying the food forever.

Comment

I've never actually met anyone who did Jenny Craig

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        I think it's pretty much the same with all diets. It teaches you stuff and you can lose the weight but it's up to you if you keep following those lessons after you're done with the program. One thing I don't think is good about them is that you buy the food from them instead of learning to make it yourself. That system only works if you want to keep buying the food forever.

I agree with Brightstar. It is a combination of you keeping up with exercise and your ability to buy the food forever. I personally think it's an okay program for the short-term (like a few months) but after that you might start getting sick of the same food or you might start to find it a little too expensive. If you want to use Jenny Craig for weight loss I would recommend that you learn about what goes in the food and teach it to help you watch your calories, and then start making your own food based on this. That way, you can keep up with your weight loss and also stop paying more to do it

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I agree with Brightstar. It is a combination of you keeping up with exercise and your ability to buy the food forever. I personally think it's an okay program for the short-term (like a few months) but after that you might start getting sick of the same food or you might start to find it a little too expensive. If you want to use Jenny Craig for weight loss I would recommend that you learn about what goes in the food and teach it to help you watch your calories, and then start making your own food based on this. That way, you can keep up with your weight loss and also stop paying more to do it
          That's good advice. If you use the Jenny Craig food as a learning tool while you actually make an effort to learn how to work the right kinds of meals into your diet - meals that you can make for yourself - then it would be useful. If you intend to depend on the food to lose weight, it'll only come back. Look at so many of the spokespeople for this program. Many have gained the weight again!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

That's good advice. If you use the Jenny Craig food as a learning tool while you actually make an effort to learn how to work the right kinds of meals into your diet - meals that you can make for yourself - then it would be useful. If you intend to depend on the food to lose weight, it'll only come back. Look at so many of the spokespeople for this program. Many have gained the weight again!

Yes! That's exactly what I mean enviroTodd. SO many of the spokespeople for this diet balloon back up again after losing all this amazing weight. So that's the reason it happens....it's not so much the diet it's how you follow it. So essentially as long as you keep eating the food and following the plan you'll be fine but otherwise you'll gain the weight right back because it doesn't teach great dieting habits, you need to teach these to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post

Yes! That's exactly what I mean enviroTodd. SO many of the spokespeople for this diet balloon back up again after losing all this amazing weight. So that's the reason it happens....it's not so much the diet it's how you follow it. So essentially as long as you keep eating the food and following the plan you'll be fine but otherwise you'll gain the weight right back because it doesn't teach great dieting habits, you need to teach these to yourself.
              i agree with you

Comment

Working...
              X