How to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose

I'm looking for tips on how to choose the best diet program for me. What are the most important things I should look for in a diet?

The first thing I guess you need to decide is what you're willing to do to lose weight. Are you more willing to focus on your eating or your exercise? Then, decide on whether you want to work with points, calories, protein or just overall nutritious eating. Then, start looking into the diets that suit what you want and see which ones fit into your budget. Once you have that narrowed down, you'll be able to decide on which one is most realistic for you. Don't just go to the one that seems to make the best claims. Really think about what you're like and what you're willing to do over the long term. Don't forget that you're not just doing this for weight loss. You're building habits for the rest of your life so you won't gain the weight all over agian.

Comment

Look for a diet program that includes both healthy eating guidelines as well as exercise. You need both if you want to lose weight. Don't choose a diet that requires you to "cleanse", "detox", "fast" or requires you to drink only liquids for a certain number of days. All of that is crap and you're just asking to give yourself health issues and set your weight loss back by throwing your body out of whack by making it think you're starving. You never need to detox or cleans. Once you start adding more water, fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet, you're body will naturally "cleanse" itself of a lot of unwanted toxins. It's what your kindeys and liver were designed to do after all. I'd also recommend you choose a diet that teaches you about portion control and making sure most o of your diet is comprised of most of the good stuff but still allows you to have a small treat. No matter what diet you choose, just remember, if you hate it, you'll never commit to it. Know yourself and what you like and make a decision based on what makes sense to your goals and your lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        Look for a diet program that includes both healthy eating guidelines as well as exercise. You need both if you want to lose weight. Don't choose a diet that requires you to "cleanse", "detox", "fast" or requires you to drink only liquids for a certain number of days. All of that is crap and you're just asking to give yourself health issues and set your weight loss back by throwing your body out of whack by making it think you're starving. You never need to detox or cleans. Once you start adding more water, fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet, you're body will naturally "cleanse" itself of a lot of unwanted toxins. It's what your kindeys and liver were designed to do after all. I'd also recommend you choose a diet that teaches you about portion control and making sure most o of your diet is comprised of most of the good stuff but still allows you to have a small treat. No matter what diet you choose, just remember, if you hate it, you'll never commit to it. Know yourself and what you like and make a decision based on what makes sense to your goals and your lifestyle.
        I agree with you. I think every single diet and product that says it's for detox or cleansing is a complete scam. Every single one. Go ahead and ask the company behind the product what specifically it cleanses. Not just "toxins" but something individual. A substance. And ask for proof that it works, like a published study. Not one of them has it. This is a disaster in our marketplace and it makes me so mad that these companies can scam people like this.

Comment

I agree that detoxes and cleanses are total scams.

Brightstar, thank you for your input and for bringing up budget. I didn't even think about how much a diet could effect my wallet, but you're right, some diets out there really can cost a lot! I definitely won't be doing any of those meal-based diets. As tempting as it is to have my food delivered and ready for me, I just can't afford that lifestyle!
          Last edited by TeensyTiff; 08-08-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I agree with you. I think every single diet and product that says it's for detox or cleansing is a complete scam. Every single one. Go ahead and ask the company behind the product what specifically it cleanses. Not just "toxins" but something individual. A substance. And ask for proof that it works, like a published study. Not one of them has it. This is a disaster in our marketplace and it makes me so mad that these companies can scam people like this.
            I know Bethie. It's really disgusting how companies can get away with putting this garbage out there and actually making money off it. Scamming desperate people who want to lose weight or live healthier lives is absolutely despicable.

Comment

I think some of the people who sell detoxes and cleanses actually believe in them. The products may be scams but I don't think all the salespeople are actually scammers.

Comment

Working...
              X