Meditation & Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditation & Weight Loss

Does anyone know if there is any type of meditation that helps with weight loss? I bet if u can focus ur mind u could apply a mind over matter technique when it comes 2 resisting cravings & such. Any thoughts?

Pretty much any type of meditation will be helpful for you in that light, BabyButtons. Make sure that you are eating a good, healthy, portion controlled diet and then meditate every day. Preferably at the start of each day so that you begin with your energies aligned as the sun rises. If you have struggles sitting and meditating, do some morning yoga. It will encourage your blood and positive energies to circulate, it will release your negative energies, it will increase your flexibility, and you will be best ready to digest your breakfast. Then, eat a high protein, relatively low fat (but do include some fat) breakfast that has some wholegrains in it. Consider poached or boiled eggs with a very high quality muesli. That way, you will ready your mind and body at the same time and then be ready to take on the day. Eat a big lunch and a small to medium dinner. 5-15 minutes of yoga in the evening will polish off any cravings you might have at that time.

Comment

Wow...I never would have thought meditation could be helpful for weight loss, but I guess it really could help. I'm not much of a meditator, but you gave some great suggestions enviroTodd about what to eat and how, thanks!

Comment

Awesome! Thank u envirotodd. I thought u may b the 1 who would answer I never tried muesli. Can u get that in the regular grocery store or do u have 2 go 2 a health store? R u a dietician? If not, u should think about becoming 1

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
          Awesome! Thank u envirotodd. I thought u may b the 1 who would answer I never tried muesli. Can u get that in the regular grocery store or do u have 2 go 2 a health store? R u a dietician? If not, u should think about becoming 1
          BabyButtons, you can get it in a lot of grocery stores in the cereal section or if there is a special "health" section, you might find it there. It is usually sold by various brands in boxes that look like cereal boxes. Be sure to check the ingredients to make sure that you are receiving good and healthy ingredients instead of a lot of fillers. If there are flakes in it, you should probably avoid it because that is mostly filler. You want primarily seeds, nuts and dried fruit. You could be tempted to go for the kind that has dark chocolate in it because I know you have a sweet tooth from your other posts, but that will only hike up your sugar/calorie intake. If you want it sweetened, just serve it with rice milk or almond milk instead of regular milk.

You can also get it at a good quality bulk foods store but you need to make sure that you trust the place because you might otherwise be purchasing a lot of stale food. I have had problems with that in the past. Health stores almost certainly have this.

I'm not a dietician, but I have done a lot of research because I became tired of polluting my body with the foods that are typically consumed in an average diet. If you learn about what's actually in your food, you'll be horrified that you've been using your body as a garbage dump even when you thought you were making smart choices. Thanks for the confidence boost, BabyButtons, you're a gem.

Comment

Meditation can also keep your stress levels down. Stress hormones make it harder for you to lose weight. By reducing your stress, you make your diet easier and more effective

Comment

I've heard good things about meditation and weight loss, as well. A few of my friend engage in regular meditation and they are probably the most positive and patient people I know. I think I might start trying this, as well. Thanks for all of the input, enviroTodd and brightstar.

Comment

If you like meditation, you may find combining yoga with your weight loss goals really helpful, as well, Babybuttons. I have found Yoga to be really calming for me and it helped me to maintain my focus. I can meditate a lot better now. Before yoga, my mind just used to wander all over the place lol.

Comment

Thanks again enviroTodd! I will try the grocery store & follow ur advice! Ur a great guy, I cant imagine u having confidence issues. U really know ur stuff when it comes 2 natural health

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                    Thanks again enviroTodd! I will try the grocery store & follow ur advice! Ur a great guy, I cant imagine u having confidence issues. U really know ur stuff when it comes 2 natural health
                    Thanks BabyButtons. I'm glad that I've been able to help you with what I know. Energy flows very freely from one person to the next. It's up to us to make it positive instead of negative. I'm happy to hear that I am sending you positive energies. You deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by jadenmiller
                      Meditation only helps you to relax your body and your stress levels. For weight loss you need to take balanced diet and workouts. If you are under stress and weight gain is due to stress than meditation will definitely helps you in weight loss.
                      That is true. If you have high stress then your body won't lose weight as effectively as it would if you are more relaxed. Even if you aren't stressed, it can only help your body to lend itself to effective fat burning so that your workouts are more effective.

By easing your body of stress, it reduces the production of stress hormones that are not only associated with struggles in weight loss, but also with unhealthy weight gain! I wouldn't say that meditation is a replacement for exercising. I think they are both important to ensuring that your body is functioning ideally for the largest degree of fat loss. One does not negate the other. They should both be considered important.

Comment

Working...
                      X