Learn from your mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn from your mistakes

We're all guilty of doing dumb stuff every once in a while. I was thinking it might be a good idea to share some of the stupid mistakes we've made while trying to lose weight for two reasons: 1 - we'll feel better knowing we're not the only ones making mistakes and 2 - we might learn something of value that could help us improve our own weight loss goals by avoiding these pitfalls going forward.

I'll start. I'm guilty of worrying about "how much" I eat when what I should be focusing on is "what" I'm eating. When you focus on how much, you'll tell yourself to eat less, but what you're eating less of may not be nutrient-dense foods that are healthy and will help satiate your hunger. When you focus on what you're eating, you make better choices and will have an easier time balancing out your calories throughout the day so you're less likely to crash.

This is an important thing to keep in mind in pretty much every part of life when we're trying to get better.

Comment

I'm trying my best everyday, sometimes i feel really guilty because i have done something wrong again, but i suddenly remember the fact that actually i have to learn something from it, and if i have consumed something wrong for i just have done something wrong today, tomorrow I'm going to change my mistake and I'm going to do the right thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Intriect View Post
        I'm trying my best everyday, sometimes i feel really guilty because i have done something wrong again, but i suddenly remember the fact that actually i have to learn something from it, and if i have consumed something wrong for i just have done something wrong today, tomorrow I'm going to change my mistake and I'm going to do the right thing!
        That's a great attitude to have Intriect! All we can do is learn from our mistakes, forgive ourselves for what we did today and work on not making the same mistakes tomorrow!

As for what I'm guilty of doing when it comes to weight loss, I find myself constantly comparing myself to others. I always think I'm never as slim or as pretty or as attractive as someone else who I might admire. This is really stupid and silly, and I know this, but I still let it get to me sometimes and because of that I get a little down and I find that I body shame myself and get depressed. Thankfully I don't do this as much anymore as I used to! Now when I find myself thinking like that I give myself a bit of a reality check and remind myself that all I can do is look like the best version of myself and at the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm proud of who I am. I don't need to wish I looked like someone else

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

That's a great attitude to have Intriect! All we can do is learn from our mistakes, forgive ourselves for what we did today and work on not making the same mistakes tomorrow!

As for what I'm guilty of doing when it comes to weight loss, I find myself constantly comparing myself to others. I always think I'm never as slim or as pretty or as attractive as someone else who I might admire. This is really stupid and silly, and I know this, but I still let it get to me sometimes and because of that I get a little down and I find that I body shame myself and get depressed. Thankfully I don't do this as much anymore as I used to! Now when I find myself thinking like that I give myself a bit of a reality check and remind myself that all I can do is look like the best version of myself and at the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm proud of who I am. I don't need to wish I looked like someone else
          I agree, that is a very healthy and positive way of viewing life. It's challenging to live by it but when you master it and keep it up more often than not, it will keep both your body and mind healthy.
          I'm sorry to hear that you still struggle with your self image, BabyButtons. I wish taht was not true and I'm glad that you know it's silly but i wish you could see how you are in the eyes of the others. I've only ever seen the one picture of you but we've been on this forum for a while and I can tell you that you are a beautiful person. I hope you can remind yoruself of this more. I'm glad you are proud of who you are and you're right that you don't need to wish you look like someone else because you are exactly as you should be and that's wonderful.

Comment

Aww thanks EnviroTodd! You're the nicest person I really am a lot better about my self-image now than I ever was before. As I get older I care less and less about all the stupid stuff. That said, I do find that one of the hardest things with weight loss is finding the motivation to love yourself to do it and know that no matter what you do, you're not going to look like a model in a magazine, and that's okay because you don't need to. All you need to do is look like the best you

Comment

Originally posted by Intriect View Post
              That's the most important thing. I couldn't agree with you more. If we don't learn from it and then make changes then we're holding ourselves back. You have really good habits!

Comment

Working...
              X