Losing Weight and My BMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Weight and My BMI

I'm curious about something in terms of BMI (Body Mass Index). I know that my weight loss goal should be to target a healthy BMI, but is it really bad if I'm still just a bit overweight? Do I have to be in the "normal" range?

You should try to aim for the normal range. Keep in mind that this is a pretty big range and you don't have to be on the low side of normal, it's alright to be on the high side of normal, as well.

Comment

The ideal goal is to make sure that you're within the normal range. Keep in mind that a BMI is only a general guideline. If you really want to know if you're in the right place or if it's very important for you to lose weight, then you should talk to your doctor. She or he will be able to analyze other parts of your health to tell you if you are at a healthy weight for you and your unique body type and health needs.

Comment

Thanks. I figured I was supposed to be in the normal range. I may talk to my doctor though. I don't trust the BMI calculators online. I mean it's fine as a guideline, but like you said TammyBear, we're all unique so I should find out what is ideal for my specific body type.

Comment

Working...
        X