Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a weight loss New Year’s resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a weight loss New Year’s resolution?

It’s about that time where lots of us start considering how we will improve ourselves or our lives in the coming year. Personally, I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, but I know that it means a lot to people who are looking for a fresh start and want the motivation to go along with it. So...do you have a weight loss goal for the New Year?

I don't do New Year's resolutions for myself but this is a good time to renew motivation to ensure that it will be a healthy year from the start. You shouldn't do something because it is a new year's resolution. If that's the only reason you're doing it, it is doomed to failure. However, if you have already decided to do something like dieting and you are ready to begin for your own reasons - looks, health, longevity, etc - then this time is as good as any to drive yourself forward and encourage yourself to do as well as you can.
    Don't forget that the majority of new year's resolutions fail. So if you are just promising yourself to lose weight because it's a resolution, you can pretty much count on not reaching your goal. Give your purpose more debt and make 2014 the year that will be the healthiest, purest, and positively energized.

Comment

New Year's resolutions always end up being a last minute thing for me. I think that they're a good practice because when I make them, I'm determined to keep them. But I wouldn't make mine weight loss. I make mine other things that can help with weight loss, though, like deciding that I will start putting half as much sugar in my coffee and that I'll stop putting it on my cereal - that kind of thing.

Comment

Yup. I want to lose 10 pounds. I always have a New Years resolution. It really does motivate me

Comment

Nah, New Year's resolutions don't work for me. I honestly think that if you can't stick to your goals at any other time during the year, goals for the New Year certainly aren't going to be any more promising.

Comment

New Year's resolutions have never worked for me. I personally think they are a waste of time. If you are going to commit yourself to a goal, it shouldn't matter what time of the year it is. A fresh start might motivate you to make a change, but it's up to you to maintain it.

Comment

No, New Year’s resolutions never work for me. I’m committed for about a week and then I give up.

Comment

Do people still do that?

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
                  Do people still do that?
                  Of Course! My weight loss goal is to lose 10 pounds for the month of January. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                    I don't do New Year's resolutions for myself but this is a good time to renew motivation to ensure that it will be a healthy year from the start. You shouldn't do something because it is a new year's resolution. If that's the only reason you're doing it, it is doomed to failure. However, if you have already decided to do something like dieting and you are ready to begin for your own reasons - looks, health, longevity, etc - then this time is as good as any to drive yourself forward and encourage yourself to do as well as you can.
                    Don't forget that the majority of new year's resolutions fail. So if you are just promising yourself to lose weight because it's a resolution, you can pretty much count on not reaching your goal. Give your purpose more debt and make 2014 the year that will be the healthiest, purest, and positively energized.
                    I do have a new years resolution. I like making them, but envirotodd does have a good point. Most resolutions do fail. I havent had much success with them in the past but i still find them fun 2 make. It feels like a fresh start so its a good time of year to start new goals.I hope you have a healthy pure & positive 2014 envirotodd

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                      You're my hero eT.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                        I do have a new years resolution. I like making them, but envirotodd does have a good point. Most resolutions do fail. I havent had much success with them in the past but i still find them fun 2 make. It feels like a fresh start so its a good time of year to start new goals.I hope you have a healthy pure & positive 2014 envirotodd
                        I may not make them for myself, but I wish you the best of luck in yours, BabyButtons. You have made a good point that there is some value in resolutions even if you don't actually reach them. They allow you to channel some very positive energies in a focus on achieving something that you would strongly like to have - for example, a lower weight, a smoking-free life, etc. In that, regardless of whether or not you succeed, the positive energy is highly beneficial.

Speeddemon - I knew you'd catch on one day.

Comment

Working...
                        X