Plateau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plateau

I've reached a weight loss plateau. I can't lose weight no matter how carefully I stick to my diet. I want to try something new. Suggestions?

Try increasing your exercise. Either exercise for longer (for instance if you only do 30 minutes a day, increase it to an hour). Do more cardio. Remember, it's not just eating that helps you lose weight. You need to move your body.

Comment

Perhaps you should try changing your diet. Maybe you can make further modifications that will help you lose more. There may be ways that you can cut down your calories further.

Comment

I agree with TroyBurger and with WolfMoon. Jack up your exercise or analyze your diet and make some modifications. It's clear that if you're no longer losing weight, you're just maintaining. If you want to lose more, you need to change something. Eat fewer calories and exercise more.

Comment

I know what you mean Bethie! I'm going through the same thing right now. It's so discouraging! I'm going to try to change my exercise routine I think. Personally, I don't know if I can cut any more calories.

Comment

If you’ve hit a plateau and you want to lose more weight then the only logical thing to do is change the way you eat and exercise. If you can’t figure out how to do this on your own, talk to an expert on the matter, like your doctor.

Comment

If you have hit a plateau it might be that your body has improved its health, its energy is flowing more freely than it was, and now you are reaching a point that you need a greater challenge. Increase the healthiness of your diet. You can keep the same number of calories that you have previously been eating, but increase your fiber intake, make sure that you are receiving an adequate amount of good fats, aim for lean proteins, and eat as much vegetable matter as you want.

Cut out added sugars, refined flour and other processed foods. At this point, it is likely not a matter of how much you're eating, but what your eating. Your body has become accustomed to the current level of positive energies. Now you need to add more positivity and eliminate more negativity.

To encourage better flow once you've done this, give your activity level a bit of a boost. For example, you could add an extra fifteen minute walk every day or do yoga at the start of each morning when you never did before.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
                I know what you mean Bethie! I'm going through the same thing right now. It's so discouraging! I'm going to try to change my exercise routine I think. Personally, I don't know if I can cut any more calories.
                Cutting more calories likely won't help you. Instead, try to up your calorie burning in your workout. In fact, cutting your calories further might actually make you miserable and might not even help you lose any more weight. Do more cardio every week and try to make your strength training just a bit more challenging, even if you don't do any more of it. Don't give up!

Comment

Working...
                X