Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you naturally shrink your appetite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you naturally shrink your appetite?

What is the best way to shrink your appetite and lose weight without taking an appetite suppressant? How can you lower your portions without feeling like you are starving all the time? Does anyone have any suggestions.

Essentially, if you want to shrink your appetite, you need to reduce the amount of food you eat. That’s the only way you’ll shrink your stomach. However, this can be easier said than done, because it’s not easy when you eat a smaller portion and still feel hungry all the time. To help you reduce the amount you eat at mealtimes, I recommend drinking a full glass of water before you eat. This will help you to feel fuller faster. Also, when you’re snacking eat low calorie foods. Raw veggies work great and drink water throughout the day. It won’t be fun, but when you do stuff the “natural” way, it’s rarely easy. Good luck.

Comment

As Tony1968 said, there are many things that can help you to feel full faster. Much of it has to do with a positive attitude and establishing good energy flow throughout your body. If you are constantly trying to be full, then you are creating expectation that will only encourage a negative response from your body as you try to reduce your food. This negative energy will create a barrier that will stop you fro being able to continue with your efforts for very long because your motivation and spirit will eventually break.

If you establish a more positive attitude toward fullness, your energies will remain positive and the feeling will improve instead of becoming more difficult. Try telling yourself that you don't need to be full, you just need to eat enough not to be hungry. Those are two separate things. Between meals, it's alright to be a little bit hungry. Learn not to respond to every hunger pang. Interpret a small amount of hunger as an indication that you're doing something good for yourself - you're not overindulging. This way, you'll start to be more receptive to the feeling instead of responding by eating something with every small sensation.

Eat frequent small meals throughout the day. This way, you'll start to learn the lifestyle of never needing to be completely full and not minding when you're slightly hungry. This will start to shrink the size of your stomach and will stop you from simply returning to your old habits once you have lost the weight, because you will have established an entirely new mindset based on positive energy flow.

Comment

I don't really understand what enviroTodd is talking about but I do know that if you eat a lot of foods that are very high in fiber, they take a long time to digest so they will stay in your stomach longer, making you feel full for longer. Also, if you eat lean protein, that is also slow to digest so it keeps you feeling fine. Sugars are awful. You burn through them fast and then you're starving.

Comment

Originally posted by KenTraver View Post
          I don't really understand what enviroTodd is talking about but I do know that if you eat a lot of foods that are very high in fiber, they take a long time to digest so they will stay in your stomach longer, making you feel full for longer. Also, if you eat lean protein, that is also slow to digest so it keeps you feeling fine. Sugars are awful. You burn through them fast and then you're starving.
          Thank you for this information Ken Traver. I didn't know that fiber makes you feel fuller longer. Guess you learn something new everyday I agree, sugars really don't satisfy the appetite. They just please your taste buds and risk making you fatter.

Comment

Drinking lots of water can help to make you feel more full than you actually are

Comment

Slowly and gradually decrease your eating to shrink your stomach

Comment

Thank you! These are all very good tips. I never knew that drinking water before meals and eating fiber could help

Comment

Working...
                X