How to not get tired and sick starting Keto dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not get tired and sick starting Keto dieting

A friend has pushed me into trying a keto diet with her. I'm curious to see what happens after a month or two, then I'll decide if I'm serious about it. I've been reading up on it and I've heard you start out really rough with the "keto flu" where you're exhausted and feel like garbage for a day or even several days. Is there anything to do to skip that?

From what I've read, the best way to prevent it is to ease into Keto, be gentle with your body when you exercise, make sure you are drinking enough fluids and replenishing your electrolytes and be sure to keep your calories and fat levels up so your body doesn't crash.

Comment

I agree. Drink lots of water. Focus hard on making sure the foods you do eat have a lot of good nutrients in them. Don't just focus on macros. Get nutrition in there all around, especially fiber, which can be challenging on Keto, but it will make all the difference to how you feel.

Comment

I think what's more important than asking how to avoid getting "keto flu" is asking yourself why you would ever want to take part in a diet that starts off by giving you a "flu" and - on top of that - a diet that is also known for having a seriously high fail rate? How can a diet that's supposed to be good for you involve a phase that makes you feel like garbage if you aren't super careful to avoid it? There's no way I'd volunteer to follow that kind of diet unless it was flat out prescribed to me by a medical professional for a serious health reason. Sorry, I know that we all have our opinions and ultimately only you can decide what's good and worth trying for you, but I just wouldn't be me if I didn't get my two cents in there. Be careful brightstar

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I think what's more important than asking how to avoid getting "keto flu" is asking yourself why you would ever want to take part in a diet that starts off by giving you a "flu" and - on top of that - a diet that is also known for having a seriously high fail rate? How can a diet that's supposed to be good for you involve a phase that makes you feel like garbage if you aren't super careful to avoid it? There's no way I'd volunteer to follow that kind of diet unless it was flat out prescribed to me by a medical professional for a serious health reason. Sorry, I know that we all have our opinions and ultimately only you can decide what's good and worth trying for you, but I just wouldn't be me if I didn't get my two cents in there. Be careful brightstar
          That's a good point. If it's doing this to you, is it really the right thing for you? Check with your doctor. That's probably best on all fronts. Could be perfectly normal and done before you know it, or maybe you should just skip it and try something else.

Comment

Working...
          X