New Year's Weight Loss Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Weight Loss Resolutions

I'm not someone who typically believes in or takes part in new year's resolutions, but this time around, I have to admit that I'm genuinely making plans for a healthier and reduced weight 2021. I know that technically you should start your diets and things whenever (no need to wait) but I just can't bring myself to get in the mood before the end of the year. I think I'm just going to give myself the last few weeks "off" and then just start fresh in January. Anyone else feel this way or have resolutions or plans like that (weight loss or not)?

Same here! I don't like New Year's resolutions. They fail. But there's a lot I've been allowing myself to get away with just because it's 2020. Next year, I can't say that. So I'm cleaning up my act. I'm not going to be too stupid about what I do for the rest of 2020 (hopefully) but I'm not starting until next month to get myself in order again.

Comment

I can admit I'm someone who typically makes New Year's Resolutions each year (and yes, most of them fail for me within a month LOL). However, this year, I've decided to do what brightstar is doing. I'm just going to work on getting myself in order and let go of the "it's 2020" excuse. For me, this means just rebuilding the healthier routines I've let slide. So, essentially, I'm going to start making healthier food choices and focus on being more physically active than I have been in months.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I can admit I'm someone who typically makes New Year's Resolutions each year (and yes, most of them fail for me within a month LOL). However, this year, I've decided to do what brightstar is doing. I'm just going to work on getting myself in order and let go of the "it's 2020" excuse. For me, this means just rebuilding the healthier routines I've let slide. So, essentially, I'm going to start making healthier food choices and focus on being more physically active than I have been in months.
        Good attitude, BabyButtons . I think this is the type of attitude we should all take on this year. Last year happened. It's done. Most of us stopped trying so hard. We didn't have it in us. It's time to get that back. It's time to move forward. Yes, we're still waiting for the pandemic to get over with, but when the day comes that I can step out the door in a relatively normal way and use my city in a relatively normal way, I want to be able to fit into my old clothes to do it.

Comment

Yeah. I have to agree with everyone that this year is about healing and making healthier choices. We lived through the pandemic shock of last year, but this pandemic isn't anything new anymore, so it can no longer be used as an excuse to make bad choices. If anything, making healthier choices is a great goal for 2021 to keep our immune systems up and hopefully keep us from needing a doctor or visiting a hospital...

Comment

Glad everyone feels like that and I'm not the only one! I agree with you brightstar and everyone else. The "It's 2020" excuse just doesn't work anymore. And you're right, TroyBurger, the pandemic isn't new and hopefully things will get better this year, but whether they do or not, there's no excuse not to make healthy choices.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Good attitude, BabyButtons . I think this is the type of attitude we should all take on this year. Last year happened. It's done. Most of us stopped trying so hard. We didn't have it in us. It's time to get that back. It's time to move forward. Yes, we're still waiting for the pandemic to get over with, but when the day comes that I can step out the door in a relatively normal way and use my city in a relatively normal way, I want to be able to fit into my old clothes to do it.
              Thanks enviroTodd!

Comment

Working...
              X