Redefining my weight goals this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redefining my weight goals this year

I'm losing weight this year. THat's definitely a goal. But I'm not thinking of it as dieting anymore. I'm getting healthy this year. WEight loss will be a part of that. But I'm also going to work on boosting my sleep, my immune system, my mental health. These all work together to make it easier to exercise and feel good and control weight, but they all need me to eat right, too. They're all interlinked. What I"m coming to understand this year is that weight loss on its own isn't a goal. It's a part of something bigger.

That's a really good way to think about it. Instead of thinking about what you don't want (too much body fat) you're thinking about what you do want (a healthier immune system, more sleep, to feel better mentally, etc). I bet that will be a much better motivation. Shooting for what you want, not running from what you want to leave behind. I need to rethink my goals this year!!!

Comment

You're right. There's so much more to losing weight than simply wanting to lose it. It's about creating a healthy lifestyle first and understanding what that means specifically for you. I know that when I pay attention to what I'm putting in my body, I'm more conscious about the choices I make when it comes to food and physical activity. Creating routines and sticking to them isn't as difficult as I tend to think, nor is practicing a bit of self-control. For me, it's all about recognizing that I have choices and finding things other than foods and snacks, when I know I've had enough to eat, for mental stimulation and enjoyment.

Comment

Good goal. To be honest, it's making me start to rethink the goals I'd been setting for myself this year.

Comment

Working...
        X