Know when to stop - skinny is unhealthy, too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know when to stop - skinny is unhealthy, too

Check out this article that I found! It's actually just as dangerous for you to be underweight than it is to be overweight. It can put you at risk of disease and it can shorten your life. Know when it's time to stop losing weight!

http://www.canada.com/health/Skinnin...813/story.html

A very good point! Sometimes people are so obsessed with becoming thin that they don’t realize that being underweight is dangerous. It can be just as bad for you as being overweight. Thanks for sharing brightstar

Comment

It can be really hard to know when to only maintain your weight and stop losing. When you are so focused on losing weight for so long, it makes sense to keep losing more, but your absolutely right, brightstar. Losing too much weight is just as bad as being overweight. Also, people who are underweight for their age and height don't look healthy.

Comment

I knew that being underweight wasn’t good for you, but I didn’t realize how bad it really was. It does make sense when you really think about it. If you are underweight, your body is likely not receiving the nutrients it needs.

Comment

So true!! I had a friend once who was underweight & she used 2 get a lot of dizzy spells she had a hard time eating & she was depressed a lot. It is bad for u physically & mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
            So true!! I had a friend once who was underweight & she used 2 get a lot of dizzy spells she had a hard time eating & she was depressed a lot. It is bad for u physically & mentally.
            It is absolutely bad for you on both a physical and mental plane. The reason is that you're not providing your mind or body with the nourishment that it requires in order to be able to encourage proper energy flow to all of the parts of the body that need it as they need it. You may have enough for sitting still, but as soon as you need to move around or experience an emotion, your reserves are too low to meet the demand. Energies start to run thin and then they run negative. This negative balance is the cause of the depression and it is the reason behind the under performance of the body.

There is a balance in everything including in weight. It can't be too great or too small. This can be said about absolutely everything in life. There is not one thing that can be enjoyed in a complete extreme without having to suffer some sort of consequences due to the disruption that it causes in the flow of energy within you, another person, or your environment and surroundings.

I imagine that you were very supportive to your friend, BabyButtons. You've always been a very good support for us here.

Comment

Essentially, anyone who is losing weight needs to focus on reaching and maintaining a healthy BMI. You don't want to be overweight or underweight, be somewhere in the middle. There is surprisingly a lot of wiggle room.

Comment

Aww thank u envirotodd! U always say the best stuff. Im not so good with words as u r but u always seem 2 say exactly what im thinking. It really does come down 2 positive & negative energy. A lot of its mind over matter & choosing 2 look on the bright side. Thats what ive learned.

Comment

Working...
                X