Self Love Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Love Day!

Did you know February 13 is Self Love Day? I just found that out. I think it's a good day to make smart choices to treat yourself right, to give yourself self care, and to plan to keep it up!

It doesn't shock me. Every day of the year is probably a dozen different weird holidays now. I'm sure that even though it's valentine's day, it's also Saint Bernard day, eyeglasses day, butternut squash day and use your headlights day or something like that. How does this stuff even happen? I know it used to be greeting card companies. Is it just social media now? So strange.

Comment

It's true that there are days for everything. I get what Speeddemon is saying. But at the same time, I have to agree that the idea of a Self Love Day is a good idea. It's definitely a better idea than Valentine's Day IMO. We could all do with a regular reminder to take care of ourselves. That seems like a much more important theme than feeling obligated to buy chocolate, flowers or make a reservation for an overpriced dinner at a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        It doesn't shock me. Every day of the year is probably a dozen different weird holidays now. I'm sure that even though it's valentine's day, it's also Saint Bernard day, eyeglasses day, butternut squash day and use your headlights day or something like that. How does this stuff even happen? I know it used to be greeting card companies. Is it just social media now? So strange.
        It's true. I like it though. Most don't appeal or apply to me, but if they're there, it means they're fun to someone, so I'm glad they're there. I'd rather smile at the occasional butternut squash day than think meh, it's just Wednesday again

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

It's true. I like it though. Most don't appeal or apply to me, but if they're there, it means they're fun to someone, so I'm glad they're there. I'd rather smile at the occasional butternut squash day than think meh, it's just Wednesday again
          Fair enough. Being reminded to take care of yourself is definitely better than taking a moment to celebrate gourds

Comment

Working...
          X