dietician vs nutritionist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dietician vs nutritionist

Does anyone know the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist and, if so, who should i consult for a healthy weight loss diet plan?

From my understanding they are the same thing. They both use their expertise in food and nutrition to help people obtain better health. However, Dietitians are healthcare professionals who are registered with the law. Nutritionists are not. They may have the same skills as dieticians but they are not registered professionals. So essentially they are the same, but the only person who can call themselves a Dietitian is someone who is a legal healthcare provider registered to practice. Personally I would choose a dietician.

Comment

That was a very good question brightstar I've wandered that myself. Really, MeSarah? That's what makes them different? I thought it was more than that.

Comment

Thank you for explaining that, MeSarah! I have been wondering about the difference for ages and never really found it out because every time I read the job description they seemed to be the exact same type of thing. That makes it a lot clearer

Comment

Working...
        X