How important is sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is sleep?

Over the last little while, my lifestyle has been very hectic and I haven’t been able to get the ideal amount of sleep. I can’t go to bed any earlier but I either have to get up early or there will be noises from my neighborhood/neighbors that will wake me up very early in the morning. Is that going to hurt my weight loss as much as it’s hurting my ability to focus?

Unfortunately, yes. Sleep is really important. When you don't get enough of it, it throws your body out of whack. It can actually stunt your weight loss efforts too. When you don't replenish your energy, your body doesn't function as it normally should and you are completely out of balance. You are less likely to exercise because you lack energy and you are far more likely to crave and eat fatty foods. I hope your neighbourhood gets quieter so you can get your beauty sleep back!

Comment

It could hurt your weight loss efforts. Proper sleep helps to keep you functioning normally. Lack of sleep means you lack energy. When you lack energy, you are more likely to make poor food choices to give yourself an energy boost. Like eating something high in fat and sugar. Equally, you're less likely to workout.

Comment

Sleep is important. I actually gained more weight when I went through a bout of insomnia. Maybe try wearing ear plugs?

Comment

No getting enough sleep is bad for your health overall and it certainly doesn't help with weight loss. If you haven't yet found a way to catch up on your sleep, you might want to talk to your doctor about what you can do to help with your sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X