Best way to manage your weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to manage your weight

I'm wondering, once you have lost the weight you want to lose, what is the best wait to maintain the weight loss without losing or gaining more? Is there an easy way to do this or can you expect to sort-of fluctuate back and forth between a couple of pounds?

I think the best way to maintain your weight loss is to not change anything about your eating and exercise routine once you've reached your ideal weight. Usually, you'll only gain weight if you start eating more or the wrong foods or you stop exercising as much. Equally, you'll lose more weight if you continue to cut back on your calories and increase your activity level. That's what makes the most sense to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
      I think the best way to maintain your weight loss is to not change anything about your eating and exercise routine once you've reached your ideal weight. Usually, you'll only gain weight if you start eating more or the wrong foods or you stop exercising as much. Equally, you'll lose more weight if you continue to cut back on your calories and increase your activity level. That's what makes the most sense to me anyway.
      Good point. You should always stick to healthy eating and exercising, not just when you want to lose

Comment

I agree with TracyK. If you want to maintain weight loss, you need to keep up with the routines you formed during the weight loss process. Your weight will only fluctuate and change if you start to change your habits. A good idea is to find out how many calories you typically eat in a day and stick to it, and maintain your current level of exercise. This should help ensure you remain the same weight.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X