Losing weight through chores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing weight through chores

Aside from dancing with the mop, what other things can be done around the house in a way that will actually count as exercise?

Hmm...I'd say vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, raking, gardening, shoveling, etc.. Just about any chore could help you burn calories. At the same time, keep in mind that it's not just want you do but how you do it that matters. If it takes you 5 hours to dust something because you're being slow and lazy about, that's not going to do much for your weight loss efforts. Be quick about what you do. Bending, reaching, twisting and turning are all things that can be good for you, just make sure you pay attention to what you're doing. You also don't want to pull something because you're careless.

Comment

Outdoor stuff works best, like the things JokerzWild says. Indoors, be careful if you dance around with your mop. You'll just slip and fall!

Comment

Ya. If you live in a place where there is snow, shoveling is a great way to burn calories and help to build strength in your arms and legs. That said, it's a good idea to buy an ergonmic shovel. You can really hurt your back if you're not careful. Also, don't lift snow that's too heavy. Take your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
          Ya. If you live in a place where there is snow, shoveling is a great way to burn calories and help to build strength in your arms and legs. That said, it's a good idea to buy an ergonmic shovel. You can really hurt your back if you're not careful. Also, don't lift snow that's too heavy. Take your time.
          Those ergonomic shovels really make a huge difference. I also tried this really cheap attachment for a regular shovel. It's called the HEFT, and it turns a regular shovel into one that is seriously easy to use. It has really saved my back and my legs, this year. I know it's too early to really say for sure, but so far this is the first year I havne't hurt myself hsoveling.

Comment

Working...
          X