How fast does fat appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast does fat appear?

I've been a little bad over the holidays, indulging a little too much in foods that I know are going to cause me some extra pounds. While I can already see a little extra weight on the scale, what I'm wondering is how long will it take before I start seeing those pounds in a physical sense. How long does it take for you to bulk up in a measurable scale when you don't watch what you eat?

Fat doesn't appear that fast. You can gain a bit of weight over a short period of time but the odds are that most of what you've gained is water weight due to all the added sodium and dehydration you've likely experienced. Don't worry, Babybuttons. Even if you've added a pound or two, you won't have gained very much actual fat during that time. Just start drinking water and ease off the salty stuff and you'll find that it comes back off again - a lot of it very quickly.

By the way, just want to take the chance to wish you a happy new year. Looking forward to exchanging positive thoughts with you in 2017

Comment

That's a really good question, babybuttons. I'm thinking it probably appears within a few days because otherwise where are all those calories going?

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        Fat doesn't appear that fast. You can gain a bit of weight over a short period of time but the odds are that most of what you've gained is water weight due to all the added sodium and dehydration you've likely experienced. Don't worry, Babybuttons. Even if you've added a pound or two, you won't have gained very much actual fat during that time. Just start drinking water and ease off the salty stuff and you'll find that it comes back off again - a lot of it very quickly.

By the way, just want to take the chance to wish you a happy new year. Looking forward to exchanging positive thoughts with you in 2017

Happy New Year to you, too enviroTodd! I hope you had a great New Year's eve

Thanks for the advice. That makes a lot of sense and I'm already feeling better after reading that! I'm going to do what you say and work on hydrating myself and staying away from salty stuff (my Achilles Heel) and see what happens!

KittyKatt - Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Happy New Year to you, too enviroTodd! I hope you had a great New Year's eve

Thanks for the advice. That makes a lot of sense and I'm already feeling better after reading that! I'm going to do what you say and work on hydrating myself and staying away from salty stuff (my Achilles Heel) and see what happens!
          Glad to hear I could make you feel a little better. I hope you're having luck avoiding the salt and that you're getting re-hydrated and watching your weight fall back down again. I've already found that all the weight I gained is starting to come off so I know that's mostly not fat it's just water weight. WE'll all look good by February

Comment

Working...
          X