Turn fat into muscle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn fat into muscle?

I’ve seen this promised from both a pill and a workout program this week. Can you really transform fat into muscle or is that just an expression or even just a lie?

I don't think you can turn fat into muscle. I think that you lose fat and you gain/ build muscle. So you might lose a couple pounds of fat and gain a couple pounds of muscle. At least that's how i understand it. But fat doesn't "transform" into muscle.

Comment

I think fat and muscle cells can only be themselves. they can't transform into each other., like TaraN said

Comment

It's just an expression that encourages us to buy a product because it sounds good, but yeah fat doesn't transform into muscle. You can gain fat and you can gain muscle and you can also burn fat and burn muscle. They are independent of one another. That said, it would be really awesome if you could transform fat into muscle!

Comment

Originally posted by angelaalongino
          Its a lie. I don't think it works.
          I agree completely. It's not how the body works. We don't just transform one part of our body into another part of our body. Just like we can't turn fat into muscle, we can't turn muscle into skin or skin into hair. These parts of our body are set as what they are. That's why we can't re-grow an arm that gets cut off. Any pill that tells you it turns fat into muscle - and means it literally, not just saying that it helps you work out or something - is trying to deceive you or really doesn't know what it's talking about.

Comment

Working...
          X