Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can water really help you lose weight if you drink it before meals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can water really help you lose weight if you drink it before meals?

I've read that if you drink a full glass of water before you have a meal that you get fuller faster, which can lead to you eating less, which can lead to more weight loss. Is this true? I have tried it, and I will admit that I did fill up faster and ate less of my meal, but later on felt hungry again. Anyone else have better success with this?

I've read the same thing. The risk is that you will dilute things like enzymes and acids in your stomach so that your digestion won't be as good and you won't get the highest possible nutrition. I think if you drink a full glass of water a half hour before you eat, you'll dull your hunger but not your nutrients.

Comment

This really works! It makes diet pills more effective, too!

Comment

This is some good advice. Thank y'all. I'm going to start drinking water before I eat, too. Great question TaraNorth!

Comment

Does anyone know if you can do this with other liquids aside from water? I'm only asking because that's a lot of water to drink in a day and sometimes, I just don't feel like water.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
            Does anyone know if you can do this with other liquids aside from water? I'm only asking because that's a lot of water to drink in a day and sometimes, I just don't feel like water.
            Sure you can do this with other liquids aside from water...but remember that other beverages may contain lots of sugar and salt, which will only work against your goals rather than help them.

Comment

Charlotte - I heard that eating an apple before you have a meal can also have a similar effect as drinking water. You can always try that if water doesn't work for you.

Comment

Working...
              X