Something other than walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something other than walking

What's a good workout to do when you have zero motivation to do any exercise of any kind? Please suggest something other than walking...I NEVER feel like walking when I don't feel like exercising.

What about getting up during ads in your videos to run on the spot? Or you could just get up ever twenty minutes and break into jumping jacks for as long as you can without running out of breath (or looking like a complete psycho in a company meeting!). You can also just sit in your chair and do various arm weight lifting moves and floor work while you watch a show or a movie. That way, you're totally distracted while you get a bit of strength training out of the way.

Comment

Personally, I find bear crawling around my house a few times is a a lot of fun and it's a serious workout. Plus, if you have kids, it's a great way to get them exercising, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        What about getting up during ads in your videos to run on the spot? Or you could just get up ever twenty minutes and break into jumping jacks for as long as you can without running out of breath (or looking like a complete psycho in a company meeting!). You can also just sit in your chair and do various arm weight lifting moves and floor work while you watch a show or a movie. That way, you're totally distracted while you get a bit of strength training out of the way.
        Thanks Bethie! I always can depend on you to offer me some good advice. Alright, starting now, I'm doing jumping jacks during ads. Considering how many ads there are in the shows I watch, I should lose 50 pounds in a month

Comment

You can do practically a whole strength training workout right in front of your TV if you like watching shows. Grab some hand weights and do all your arm moves, squats and all that while you watch the show. That way, it's not boring and you don't have to make any extra time for your workout.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            You can do practically a whole strength training workout right in front of your TV if you like watching shows. Grab some hand weights and do all your arm moves, squats and all that while you watch the show. That way, it's not boring and you don't have to make any extra time for your workout.
            Agreed. Just move if all else fails. Don't give yourself an excuse not to exercise because you're throwing a tantrum. You need to honestly just do it. If you can't get up and move and it's too much effort, the problem might not just be that you're lazy but maybe you're depressed. That said, if you know it's not depression, then do anything.

Comment

That's just it. Once I get up and move, I usually end up liking it anyway. It's not the exercise I don't like. It's having to do it.

Comment

Last weekend, my friend told me to dance around while picking up clutter and straightening things up around the house. I admit I pretty much rolled my eyes at her but then I still did it. It was fun. I also admit that my friend was right. Plus my place is really tidy now.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
                  Last weekend, my friend told me to dance around while picking up clutter and straightening things up around the house. I admit I pretty much rolled my eyes at her but then I still did it. It was fun. I also admit that my friend was right. Plus my place is really tidy now.
                  Hahah that's awesome! Dancing and cleaning sounds like fun actually. I might try that this week as I work on cleaning up my apartment for Christmas. At least that's one way I can work on battling the bulge while I indulge LOL

Comment

Do you live in a house or a building with stairs at all? If so, just run up and down them and you're done. Since it's more intense than walking, you can get the whole thing over with a lot faster. You'll get your heart racing and use your muscles differently, too.

Comment

I agree. Stairs are an AMAZING exercise program and a great way to lose calories and work up a sweat. They also give your legs a great workout. That said, if you're going to be going up and down them, use the railing LOL. Falling down stairs is NOT fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X