Cut back alcohol intake and you'll cut back on calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut back alcohol intake and you'll cut back on calories

I can admit that I really enjoy my alcoholic beverages, especially when I want to just relax on the weekend. However, my favorite drink is a margarita, and not only is drinking too many of those in one sitting not great for my health, it can also be killer to my waistline! Don't forget that alcoholic drinks - especially beer and mixed drinks - are loaded with calories! Many alcoholic beverages are also high in sugar. So, don't forget that while you want to watch what you eat you also need to watch what you drink!

Originally posted by jadenmiller
    Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning that it causes water loss and dehydration. Along with this water loss you lose important minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium and zinc.Alcohol actually stimulates your appetite.
    I knew that alcohol was a diuretic, but I didn't realize that it actually stimulate your appetite. All the more reason to control how much you drink aside form the good points that TracyK made. Thanks!

Comment

Good tip, SuzieQ. Alcohol really is a problem when it comes to watching your weight and keeping off the extra pounds. When I started concentrating on weight loss I cut down on the amount of beer I was drinking in a week, and it seriously made a difference.

Comment

Alcohol can also have a negative impact on your ability to get a good night's rest. Along with diet and exercise, I think that sleep really needs to take a higher place in people's priorities when they're trying to dump all that extra weight. A lot of research is showing that people who sleep well have an easier shot at losing the pounds. Food for thought...or...alcohol for thought?

Comment

Working...
        X